Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rack Kit, Jun 29, 2021.

1. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Chalobah?

martin dawson, webster and irons1965 like this.
  2. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Haven't seen MOTD 2 but what I will say Wolves look a very decent side, outplayed us.

3. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

One thing I’ve noticed is that there does seem to be a narrative, in the media, to blame the signing of Ronaldo for all MUFCs ills. This started even before he signed, part of me thinks they resent him for not engaging with the media.

Anyway, he scored again last night.

4. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

Seeing him play got me into watching football regularly. But I became a Man City supporter, unfortunately. Unfortunate in '83. My first match v Luton, lost and went down. :(

irons1965 likes this.
  5. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

Benzema found guilty of blackmailing a French national side team mate. Quite an incredible story if you get the chance to read it with the trial in Marseilles raising as many questions as answers. It renders Spurs pre-champions league group game press conference quite dull in comparison.

6. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

I thought he was very good too. He talks very fast!

Good player too.

Weekender likes this.
  7. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

8. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

9. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Weekender and tqineil like this.
  10. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Spraggons Den likes this.
  11. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

Chelsea are an outstanding team atm and playing some great stuff, hope the Chilwell injury isn't too serious... need him for my FF

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021 at 10:24 PM
  12. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Well done Man City v PSG tonight. Excellent game and despite going behind, City pressed on and deservedly won 2-1. Pep got his tactics spot on, especially the introduction of Jesus when they went behind. Game was end-to-end at times with some beautiful football played.

13. tqineil

Well played LFC, 15/15 points so far

cooky1257 likes this.
  14. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

Was at a gig, last night, so.missed all the football. I'll watch the City game, today, but it seems like City and Liverpool played well, adding to Chelsea's excellence, last night.

15. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

City played well and were deserved winners in the end.
    PSG, as they often do, flattered to deceive and appear incapable of playing as a team and doing the necessary for the collective good.
    I think Poch must be quite frustrated with the setup there.

16. tqineil

Looking good for all 4 English clubs in the Champions League so far.
    Assuming they all win their respective groups, wouldn’t fancy a two legged tie with either PSG or Juve, the other second place teams don't bother me

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 12:01 PM
  17. bencat

bencat pfm Member

Liverpool were a changed team last night with a back four that have never played together before . In the first half it showed and if Porto had anything about there attack they would have quite easily gone in 2-0 up at half time. Klopp must have said the right things at half time as there was much more urgency and accuracy in Liverpools passing second half. As often happens with teams if you get your chance you need to convert them and Porto failed but Liverpool did not . Two good goals then a controlled finish to the game to ensure our fifth win in this group . Considering Liverpool had nothing really in this game as they were already qualified and group winners it was a decent performance and nice to see some other players get their chance . Next CL game away to Milan will be another changed line up and may well be a bridge too far as they were good at Anfield and i expect better from them at home . Did not realise that no English club has ever had a 100% group stage record so that is something else Liverpool could achieve .

18. Colin L

Colin L High-tech low-life

Spurs playing Level 0 football. One can but smile.

19. rmcin626

rmcin626 Active Member

Good to see Rangers progress to the knock out stages again

20. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

Interesting article I think in the Guardian about Ralf Rangnick.

It appears that he has his teams play with a high press with players sprinting back when they lose the ball. That looks like a big ask for a lot of current united team....;)