advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article I think in the Guardian about Ralf Rangnick.

It appears that he has his teams play with a high press with players sprinting back when they lose the ball. That looks like a big ask for a lot of current united team....;)
It was in the ‘I’. Utd do gender have the players for the system, Rashford & Greenwood are not exactly old or slow.

It was in the ‘I’. Utd do gender have the players for the system, Rashford & Greenwood are not exactly old or slow.
But the main man Ronaldo isn’t the pacy player he used be and probably too old to press.
Good luck to the interim manager dealing with that little problem.

But the main man Ronaldo isn’t the pacy player he used be and probably too old to press.
Good luck to the interim manager dealing with that little problem.
I think Ronaldo can adapt, he still very fit & mobile. Journalists like a narrative, they said the same about Zlatan & he’s still playing.

Ronaldo was pretty mobile against Villarreal and worked hard pressing, tackling and tracking back.

He needs legs around him nowadays to do his running, but he is such an intelligent player in his positioning and anticipation. His finishing is superb. I expect he trains very hard too, he clearly looks after himself and all this sets a brilliant example to the rest of the squad. As a football fan, it's a pleasure to watch him play and I'm not a Manchester United fan. It's great for the Premiership.

Ronaldo was pretty mobile against Villarreal and worked hard pressing, tackling and tracking back.

He needs legs around him nowadays to do his running, but he is such an intelligent player in his positioning and anticipation. His finishing is superb. I expect he trains very hard too, he clearly looks after himself and all this sets a brilliant example to the rest of the squad. As a football fan, it's a pleasure to watch him play and I'm not a Manchester United fan. It's great for the Premiership.
Exactly this. I don’t understand the negativity.

As the second coming, the press believes.
I do hope he manages to secure that seventh-place spot.

Ubi fides ibi lux et robur, there was also quite a lot of wind and part of the roof was blown off by Storm Arwen. Hopefully insurance will pay quickly and there won't be too much of a disruption to home games.

I live a mile or so from the ground, there wasn’t much damage but the right decision when you see the number of trees down on Wirral… we were on a poor run of form so hopefully the rearrangement will give us an opportunity to get it right?

Not convinced about the bin dippers back 4 tbh, a better team would have exposed their weaknesses more. The Chairboys got a well deserved point away from home against SheffieldW today, keeps us in the race…

Not convinced about the bin dippers back 4 tbh, a better team would have exposed their weaknesses more. The Chairboys got a well deserved point away from home against SheffieldW today, keeps us in the race…
There was a 40-50 mph wind blowing throughout the game, the reds could have have 10

There was a 40-50 mph wind blowing throughout the game, the reds could have have 10
To be fair Liverpool don't look great at the back even in still conditions.;)
I think my boys will drop points today - Anthony Taylor nailed on for another man of the match performance.:eek:

To be fair Liverpool don't look great at the back even in still conditions.;)
I think my boys will drop points today - Anthony Taylor nailed on for another man of the match performance.:eek:
If Taylor is refereeing we’ll be lucky to finish with 11 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back