advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same can be said of Wolves or Leipzig you have to buy decent players were you can then hope you can bring in some home grown talent . Then again none of the other top teams seem to only have their own players either the days of mainly local or local trained players is sadly gone cost of letting the PL be formed .

I know it’s not even Christmas yet but have we got a genuine 3 team battle for the title? It’s only been between City and another for the last few seasons but I think it’s hard to split the top 3 at the moment. Still think Chelsea & Liverpool have more firepower than us though. Chelsea still have big Rom coming back now I think makes them slight overall favourites. Maybe we can convince Haaland to start 2022 by coming to Manchester and helping us out? ;)

I suspect that LFC will miss Salah, Mane and Keita for up to 6 weeks with AFCON (6 EPL and possibly 2 FA cup ties) more than perhaps Chelsea and City might miss their stars.... come on Divock Origi are words I didn't expect to rely on this season?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...africa-cup-of-nations-will-hit-premier-league

But the main man Ronaldo isn’t the pacy player he used be and probably too old to press.
Good luck to the interim manager dealing with that little problem.
I watched him against Chelsea, and he started in the Chelsea box, and after contributing to a move that should have produced more, he then ran back into United's half to try to win the ball back, and then back to the goal line to try to stop a cross. A pretty good problem to have, IMO.

Werner was incredibly wasteful yesterday, if Chelsea had taken their chances, they would have been out of sight. Still, it's good to be top, and have clear improvements to be made. I understand the United comments, the defending was night and day compared to the Watford game.

I can't believe he's the same player who scored for fun in the Bundesliga - he's still got his pace but doesn't seem to be able to hit the proverbial barn door at times... he'll probably score 6 against a PL team one day?

Apols ...I meant they took him from Celtic a year earlier.. hardly developed him and I suspect JK tapped him up ;)

Werner was incredibly wasteful yesterday, if Chelsea had taken their chances, they would have been out of sight. Still, it's good to be top, and have clear improvements to be made. I understand the United comments, the defending was night and day compared to the Watford game.
If Werner goes to another team he will score loads. I’m not sure if it’s a personal issue of self confidence, or a structural issue in that he doesn’t quite get fit with how Chelsea work as a team.

I think it a little unfair to criticise him for missing the chance he had which he should’ve taken with his weaker foot, but the truth is the number of good chances he’s missing are adding up.

Once he scores a few games in a row, and he will, he’ll be deadly again.

Just hope it happens with Chelsea

Last edited:
Nothing directly involved with football but as Palace are playing Leeds next, I watched a part of the game with Leeds against Brighton.

It just occurred to me that Cucurella (sp) sounded like a throw back to the " happy days" and Fonz. oh well never mind!

If Werner goes to another team he will score loads. I’m not sure if it’s a personal issue of self confidence, or a structural issue in that he doesn’t quite get fit with how Chelsea work as a team.

I think it a little unfair to criticise him for missing the chance he had which he should’ve taken with his weaker foot, but the truth is the number of good chances he’s missing are adding up.

Once he scores a few games in a row, and he will, he’ll be deadly again.

Just hope it happens with Chelsea
I really hope you're right but frankly I don't see it.
I think with the likes of Lukaku, Havertz & Pulisic all being fit now Werner's game time is going to be in short supply which will do nothing for his confidence or touch.
Given the choice I would pick Havertz every time - I don't think it's coincidence that we've played much better football while Lukaku's been sidelined - his touch and all round ability is not at the same level as of those around him.

RIP John Sillet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59474196

I'm at the Ricoh on Saturday - no doubt it'll be an emotional day.

OBITUARY: John Sillett 1936-2021 - News - Coventry City (ccfc.co.uk)

walking_out_at_wembley---copy.jpg

Right to left, I’m going with Pleat, Allen , Clemence, Hoddle,Silett, no idea, Oggy, Regis and then no idea. I stand to be corrected.

Right to left, I’m going with Pleat, Allen , Clemence, Hoddle,Silett, no idea, Oggy, Regis and then no idea. I stand to be corrected.

Is that Waddle behind Pleat in front of Allen? Front to back...Brian 'Killer' Kilcline, Oggy, Greggy Downs (just see his bald head), Big Cyrille, Lloyd McGrath, Trevor Peake, Dave Bennett, Keith Houchen, Nick Pickering, Dave Phillips (hidden behind Pickering), Steve Sedgley the other sub and Graham Rodger right at the back (who went to my school in my brother's year so he'd have been 19 or 20 that day). Mick Gynn is almost hidden I think behind Benno, counting legs - he's tiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back