advertisement

ADAM Audio Tensor Delta's & Lavry DA11.

Just got mine setup in our new house and the room sound excellent. We moved in 3 days ago!!! Will post pics later when I'm setup properly. Just need to decide on what stands and the correct height. ATM they're on 550 stands but seem to high. thinging 400mm may just be right.

dlensmith, what height are yours set at, are those stands in the pic 500mm??

The only setting I've played with is the input sensitivity, as the DA11's output is high.

Raj, I told you a new thread was required phone only or not! ;)

As for stands.... need to be square and black gloss or square, graphite and matte IMO.

I agree, black is a given... Not sure about those German stands I've mentioned. Thinking as they're only 93mm diameter columns they'll look skinny front on. ADAM Audio recommended Atacama SL400 or 500's

As I said I think square columns will look much better with these.....

Edit: And graphite I reckon, matte black will be too dull and gloss black a bit too bling.

Going to speak to Custom Design who do what it says on their tin, they build stands to the customers design :D. Have left a message for them to call me.

Going to speak to Custom Design who do what it says on their tin, they build stands to the customers design :D. Have left a message for them to call me.

I've seen some oak stands by them. Very nice and reasonable price compared to other brands. I would recommend them. The owner had them delivered prompt and without hassle.

They're about 45 mins away from me so hopefully we should be able to sort an exact design. I think 4 75mm square columns with top plates at 220x300 and base plates at 350x350 both from 10mm steel should do the trick. All in fine crackle black finish.

They're about 45 mins away from me so hopefully we should be able to sort an exact design. I think 4 75mm square columns with top plates at 220x300 and base plates at 350x350 both from 10mm steel should do the trick. All in fine crackle black finish.

Not deep gloss? Match the Tensor's finish?

Would one of their wood finishes maybe soften the look of the Adams? Especially if the wood matched any furniture in your room? Just a thought but of course I am picturing them in my setting/lounge where that may work... but may not in yours.

dlensmith, what height are yours set at, are those stands in the pic 500mm??

The only setting I've played with is the input sensitivity, as the DA11's output is high.
Mine are 20 inches which is about 508mm (I know, damn Americans never converted to the metric system!) and seems about right for the height of my sofa, which is a European design and sits slightly lower than the standard. I wouldn't want them any lower though. This is with the spikes all recessed as much as possible to avoid further elevation.

I like a good amount of toe-in since I sit close (about 3 meters). Now I am waiting on my W4S DAC-2 to add to my Olive 4! Can't wait!

Sounds similar, mine are 2.8m apart and I sit 3.2m away. Systems just kinda plonked down at the moment but I'll post some pics soon. Just measured the stands and they are actually 20" too. Think I may just go for 450mm when having some made. That'll put them at 1010mm in total without spikes. My ear height on the sofa being 850mm ish. Will practise with toe-in when I get setup properly.

New pics :)
SDC13860.jpg

SDC13871.jpg

SDC13866.jpg

SDC13852.jpg

2 points and a question:

1) my god they look awesome, real darth vaders

2) you know that tv is gonna be uncomfortable to watch

and 3) why do you have a selection of butt-plugs mounted in the fireplace? ;)

LOL, the wifey loves candles, hates butt-plugs :)
They sound better than they look - awesome in every term. TV was put up yesterday and the bracket does have a 'lean down' setting. It's quite nice to watch actually. Head back on the sofa, lights down low and you get that cinema feeling.... i have the screen flat ATM as it's so thin it's kinda cool this way. In total, including bracket and TV it's only 40mm.

Stands are temporary, got them of eBay. Anyone know who made them?? they arrived very badly damaged and are in need of parts.

Regarding stands..... watch this space. Having some made, designed them myself ;)

*EDIT* you posted the above just as i was writing!

Stands dont look to bad, although i suspect you'll be better off with heavier duty ones if only for safety reasons.

Yes they're not the best in terms of the 29Kg and size these are. Designed some myself just finalizing the material spec etc, will post some renders when done. Prototype will be in production next week :) all made to 0.015 of a mm which is quite accurate me thinks... well my OCD needs feeding.

advertisement

Back