advertisement

ADAM Audio Tensor Delta's & Lavry DA11.

From my other thread about stands for Delta’s – my new speakers:

NOW FOR SALE DUE TO WORK COMMITMENTS, £6500 ono and CUSTOM BUILT STANDS, £300. http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101621

BlackDeltas.jpg

So how are the new speakers, better, worse, sideways move?

SO, got them today. :D the new system really is turning out to be quite an eye opener. In two words, it's has to be: 'much better' and not by a small margin.

The details and layering of information is much more tactile and organic.
Soundstage and image is quite extraordinary and the high-end extension is excellent.
Base extension and speed is immense.

Looks wise ... bloody gorgeous.

If you get a chance or are in the market for some serious active speakers then you really should audition these. ATC need to do some catching up - quickly.

extremecloseup.jpg

extremecloseupflat.jpg

Bud bud, bud I've still not had one yet though :D was tempted to have a large whisky when i saw the damage though... to ease the pain

Congratulations on your new speakers and DAC. I love my Adam Compact Classics which have similar drivers but nothing like as complex cabinet although the front baffle is made of some kind of Aero Honeycomb Alloy material.

Shame about the delivery damage but at least you a factory fresh pair on the way.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts when you've lived with them for a bit. Do they have a hint of the "Lyngdorfs" about them?

No not really, i assume your reffering to the PWM amps used for the LF/MF units. But they are a complete different sound.

Yes, the real proof is in living with them, but the difference is not small. Not played with any of the room EQ setting on the back.

No not really, i assume your reffering to the PWM amps used for the LF/MF units. But they are a complete different sound.

Yes, the real proof is in living with them, but the difference is not small. Not played with any of the room EQ setting on the back.

No it was more the control thing, stopping and starting on a sixpence.

I believe Darth Vader used the same Midrange driver in his helmet!
Animated-Gif-Star-Wars-25.gif

darth_vader_mr_helmet.jpg

I'd say they're an aquired taste on aesthetics.

Anything that looks like something from StarWars can only be a good thing! They look like a very fine piece of form following function engineering to me :cool:

I still think you should get a pair of the purpose made stands, they look really good.

Yeah, a techno speaker for my techno. The design and detail that's gone into the construction is quite extraordinary.
so on the question of stands, did you make any headway? I'm in a relatively similar position and not sure what direction to head in (love the Adams btw!).

so on the question of stands, did you make any headway? I'm in a relatively similar position and not sure what direction to head in.

Well, now i have them, the stand top plates could be as small as 200x250mm, height 500mm and base plate 320x320mm. May look into finding some Target R2's, may have some made but in the long run i want these:

Deltacolours.jpg

I rather like the look of them (seen them before though - and heard them).

Are they all Class D amplification then?

Well, now i have them, the stand top plates could be as small as 200x250mm, height 500mm and base plate 320x320mm. May look into finding some Target R2's, may have some made but in the long run i want these:

Deltacolours.jpg
Interesting. I'm looking for as near to 330mm (w) x 325mm (d) as poss, though a little taller - around 550mm - 580mmm.

advertisement

Back