advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this Steve Baker? He claims Johnson 'got us out of a constitutional crisis'.
I assume he means the impasse over Brexit where he broke every rule in the book to force no deal past Parliament.
Talk about re writing history.
That Baker is a slippery bugger.

The party will select primarily based on the next GE chances

of course they will - someone to win a personality (popularity) contest.

In the pub last night, they pronounced they liked Jeremy Hunt. They have no idea of what Tories and Labour stand for. All the locals are trades, and vote Tory.

of course they will - someone to win a personality (popularity) contest.

In the pub last night, they pronounced they liked Jeremy Hunt. They have no idea of what Tories and Labour stand for. All the locals are trades, and vote Tory.

Yep, he’s my first choice.

People have short memories - he was hated.

iu

i find it strange that all the pub goers, say they "voted for Boris". On the radio phone in last night many were saying the same

When they didn't, in this constituency they voted Tory, as represented by Grant Shapps. It just happened that Boris was party leader and became PM. In fact the only people that actually voted for him were those in his constituency.

Maybe after the party is elected - we should have a second vote to elect a PM?

Hunt is a Remainer though. No way the Tories pick a Remainer when they are looking to turn the spotlight away from their own internal squabbles and dysfunction.

People have short memories

People dont have any memory - none of those I spoke to are interested in that. I have always said and maintained, these elections are more about personality (popularity) than policy and implementation (or not) of policy.

Penny Mordaunt I think will win. Brexiteer. Well distanced from all of the recent chaos. Sensible and normal with no bonkers policies (just the regular cruel ones). Popular "in the country".

Hunt is a Remainer though. No way the Tories pick a Remainer when they are looking to turn the spotlight away from their own internal squabbles and dysfunction.

Brexit is done, it won’t be rewound, he’d get behind it soon enough. Of course he may not even stand, but I’d like to see him back in cabinet at least.

That’s why they need a more centrist conservative. My money is on Hunt. He can disassociate from the Boris record. Indeed, he ran against Boris in the last leadership contest and has been a low profile backbencher since. Stick Geoffrey Cox in as interim just for his tremendous voice.
That’s right, shuffle those deckchairs. Cox would attempt to be PM from the British Virgin Islands- where he was caught with his pants down, voting from there while Parliament was in session. The voice? Pompous am-dram:

“this is a dead Parliament, they should no longer sit in their seats”…while he was sitting in one in the Caribbean, taking cash from the some of Britain’s most morally corrupt tax avoiders.

Penny Mordaunt I think will win. Brexiteer. Well distanced from all of the recent chaos. Sensible and normal with no bonkers policies (just the regular cruel ones). Popular "in the country".
One benefit of Carrie-Boris was that she/they kicked the Vote Leave crew out of their back seat role in government. I'm not sure how deeply Mourdant is connected to Dominic Cummings, Matthew Elliott and their backers, but I think her election might be more dangerous for the country than many believe.
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back