advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you wouldn’t vote for him then! In reality it wouldn’t make a jot of difference where you live!

Every single one of them is a **** how anyone could vote for them is frankly beyond me.

I don’t vote now used to be a lifelong labour voter but they’re just as bad as the tories but not quite.

One benefit of Carrie-Boris was that she/they kicked the Vote Leave crew out of their back seat role in government. I'm not sure how deeply Mourdant is connected to Dominic Cummings, Matthew Elliott and their backers, but I think her election might be more dangerous for the country than many believe.

Whoever takes over it will be worst - that's one thing we can probably all agree on

Had to laugh there I was reading an article in the online Times about how people were in tears last night in Downing Street then this gem jumped out ‘the main topic of conversation amongst staff was how much severance payments will be’ or something :D

One benefit of Carrie-Boris was that she/they kicked the Vote Leave crew out of their back seat role in government. I'm not sure how deeply Mourdant is connected to Dominic Cummings, Matthew Elliott and their backers, but I think her election might be more dangerous for the country than many believe.
iu
Whoever it is will inherit a large collection of burnt villages approximately six weeks ahead of a full scale peasant’s revolt and empty ammunition boxes left behind by Boris. It is a once in a generation perfect storm.

Whoever it is inherits a large collection of burnt villages approximately six weeks ahead of a full scale peasant’s revolt and empty ammunition boxes left behind by Boris. It is a once in a generation perfect storm.

The establishment are already trashing his reputation there was some old lord guy on the today programme going on about how it was the worst premiership in the history of the UK in 300 years and 55 premierships, he was actually really funny.

The king is dead long live the king:)

Great line in this piece from the Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/07/anger-boris-johnson-prime-minister-democracy

Johnson is instead the most obvious and serious symptom of a deep crisis in our democracy.

Consider who might replace him. Sunak and Sajid Javid have together spent 32 years working in high finance. Liz Truss is Nigel Farage without the pint glass. Matt Hancock is Matt Hancock. That is today’s Tory party: a vacant-eyed coalition of bankers, bounders and Brexiteers. They have no ideas, save the most parodic form of Thatcherism. Hand huge home loans to people on housing benefit who can barely afford to eat. Allow mortgages to be passed down fromparent to child, like some 21st-century remake of debt serfdom. When all else fails, attack the BBC for not showing more flags.

Well except for the issues in NI, a lack of a free trade deal with our largest market, any sort of trade deals with the rest of the world. If Hunt and a likely Hunt cabinet were in charge of resolving this Tory Civil War would kick off on about the 3rd day.

This will be the interesting thing to watch IMO. Has the penny dropped in the Tory Party that Brexit has totally failed, is an economic disaster, and will always be unworkable, or will they double-down on the Trump/Farage popularism and xenophobia that brought us to this point? They do have the opportunity to dilute and attempt a reversing-out to maybe a Labour-style BINO location.

Every single one of them is a **** how anyone could vote for them is frankly beyond me.

I don’t vote now used to be a lifelong labour voter but they’re just as bad as the tories but not quite.

I sense many votes are actually cast negatively i.e. not tory or not labour.

Nicola on now. Whoever becomes PM, hopefully they’ll agree to her indyref.

Good Afternoon All, (it is in France)

Just written to my MP requesting he pushes for a vote a no confidence in this government (for what it's worth).............

Regards

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back