advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
iNUW3JG.jpg

Does The Johnson still get to choose his cabinet?
I guess so, but it seems odd (no change there, I suppose)
Mind you, who would want to bee associated with damaged (putting it mildly) goods?

Dominic Cummings arguing Johnson needs evicting from No.10 right now, and should not be allowed to stay as caretaker PM (Twitter). I suspect he is right, I’m sure Johnson will do a lot of damage between now and October. I have to admit I’m happy with that as it all damages the Conservative Party, and they are the real problem here. They created and supported Johnson. They are the ones who have left the UK in absolute ruins, likely for decades to come. The more shit sticks to each and every one of them the better. They must not be allowed to whitewash their recent past.

I think he blew his chances of hanging on for a nice handover after the leadership election by not going sooner. The point where you loose the important people in the Tory party is the point you have to "do the right thing for the party and country".

Thatcher and May both knew this Johnson gave us the last 24 hours which is terrible for the country and a gift for their political opponents.

Although, to be fair to him, also comedy gold.

Dominic Cummings arguing Johnson needs evicting from No.10 right now, and should not be allowed to stay as caretaker PM (Twitter). I suspect he is right, I’m sure Johnson will do a lot of damage between now and October. I have to admit I’m happy with that as it all damages the Conservative Party, and they are the real problem here. They created and supported Johnson. They are the ones who have left the UK in absolute ruins, likely for decades to come. The more shit sticks to each and every one of them the better. They must not be allowed to whitewash their recent past.

No doubt the same promise he made to all the mistresses. He will leave the wife. And then they will get married. The wedding will be in the autumn. Honest...

From The Guardian

Tories say 'reckless' Johnson should be forced out now because letting him stay until autumn risky

Jessica Elgot
Two ex-ministers have told the Guardian they think it not possible for Johnson to stay till the autumn.

One said: “He needs to be gone by tonight, Raab should take over.” Another said: “He needs to hand in the seals of office today and go. So we can have a caretaker PM.”

Another highly senior Tory source who has been with Johnson over the past 48 hours said his behaviour meant it was dangerous for the country for him to stay. The source said:

His behaviour in the last 48 hrs and been reckless and erratic. He cannot be trusted to lead the country until the autumn. God knows what he will do.

One former government adviser said it was “dangerous” for Johnson to stay in post. Another ex-minister called him “a disgrace”.

That’s why they need a more centrist conservative. My money is on Hunt. He can disassociate from the Boris record. Indeed, he ran against Boris in the last leadership contest and has been a low profile backbencher since. Stick Geoffrey Cox in as interim just for his tremendous voice.

Given the extent to which Johnson has undermined our actual democracy there is no way he can be left to play about in Downing St for months more.

Both David Cameron and Gordon Brown will be reading Johnson's plan to squat in Downing St. with a certain amount of bemusement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back