advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Rough trade have it there at £29 for black or £45 for fancy colour.

I’m a post EVOL fan more so I’ll wait for the digital see how it is.

Absolutely loved the recent Brooklyn release tho

I think it's a great record but I really like the early material, especially played live.

For some reason I've still not picked up the Brooklyn record. Maybe I'll treat myself - I had tickets to see Thurston Moore at the 100 Club next week but now can't go because of work commitments. Grr!

Seen Thurston a couple of times and caught Lee Ranaldo up on a one off at Dalston a few months ago. Shame you can’t shift the work thing..

That is a record long-overdue for a good reissue. I‘ve got an A1/B1 UK copy (plus 12” singles of the title track and Prove It/Venus) and it sounds amazing. They have no excuse to mess this one up. It is a great recording.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Reactions: ask
There is a current (2023) normal Rhino issue of Television - I don't know what it's like but it might be interesting to compare with the new AAA. I guess it's the 2012 on clear vinyl..

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
There is a current (2023) normal Rhino issue of Television - I don't know what it's like but it might be interesting to compare with the new AAA. I guess it's the 2012 on clear vinyl..

I think that one might be the Chris Bellman 2012 cut - I do have it so yeah I'll compare when I get the latest version.

That is a record long-overdue for a good reissue. I‘ve got an A1/B1 UK copy (plus 12” singles of the title track and Prove It/Venus) and it sounds amazing. They have no excuse to mess this one up. It is a great recording.

Now if only they could get Kevin Grey to cut the s/t Television album from 1992, I need a vinyl copy.

I've got an original Elektra MM from 1977, will be interested to hear if the Rhino improves on it?

Now if only they could get Kevin Grey to cut the s/t Television album from 1992, I need a vinyl copy.

I've got an original Elektra MM from 1977, will be interested to hear if the Rhino improves on it?
In his review above, Mazzy actually preferred the new Kevin Gray Rhino to his original white label US promo copy so I am really looking forward to this one!

Another edit....Mazzy speaks with Kevin Gray and Rhino's Patrick Milligan about the Rhino High Fidelity releases;-

Last edited:

Michael Fremer makes some interesting points about the new Marquee Moon cut, which apparently sounds nothing like the album we all know and love.

Reactions: ask
I have a later version with Prove it on side B. When this came out I was at college, no TT LOL. Must have bought mine early 80's

advertisement

Back