advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
I just placed an order for Massive Attack's Protection which is being re-released on vinyl on 2nd December and thought I'd share it with you in case I'm not the only one who wants a copy. It's presently £24.28 here at Amazon, but I'd expect that to change before it's released.

Maybe we could have a thread to give each other a heads up on forthcoming vinyl releases... maybe it could be this very thread!?

Anyway, as a bonus heads up, I also ordered a copy of The Observer by Shabaka and the Ancestors on vinyl last night and it's due to be released on Monday 26th September. It seems to be only available here at Bandcamp for £25 delivered (price includes a FLAC download of the album), but if you like Sun Ra, you're bound to like this ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Excellent idea for a thread, I've stickied it.

PS As ever please could folk link to the item on Amazon, as above, when recommending stuff if at all possible as it does generate revenue for pfm.

Do Not Disturb released on Sept 30th.

large6158.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
More Pink Floyd albums are being released on vinyl this Friday, plus a few more on 28th October. The first four albums were released earlier this year and I forgot all about the others till I saw someone say their copy of Meddle is on its way.

It looks like this week's releases are almost £21, but those scheduled for October are only a smidge over £16. Anyway, here's some links.

23-9-16
Atom Heart Mother
Meddle
Obscured by Clouds

28-10-16
Animals
The Final Cut
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Brilliant idea ...could be used for bargains too possibly? Links are essential and can we not refer to Amazon as 'The River' as this for some reason drives me to apoplectic fits of nigh on religious rage.

Leonard Cohen has just released a fantastic single, You Want It Darker, which marks his 82nd birthday.

An album of the same name will be released on October 21st: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KN6XDS6/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Here is an interview with Leonard and his son Adam about the album and the severe back injuries he has been suffering from.

Leonard and Adam collaborated for the first time in the making of the album.

Asked if he made the album feeling it would be his last, Leonard said, “Not specifically, but at this stage in the game, you know that all your activities are subject to abrupt cancellation.”

Jack

Leonard Cohen has just released a fantastic single, You Want It Darker, which marks his 82nd birthday.

An album of the same name will be released on October 21st: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KN6XDS6/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Here is an interview with Leonard and his son Adam about the album and the severe back injuries he has been suffering from.

Leonard and Adam collaborated for the first time in the making of the album.

Asked if he made the album feeling it would be his last, Leonard said, “Not specifically, but at this stage in the game, you know that all your activities are subject to abrupt cancellation.”

Jack

New Leonard Cohen album? Thanks for the heads up ;)

Santana Abraxas, MOFI Limited Edition Ultradisc One Step recording, 2x45 discs. Amazon price is higher than some other sites, though, a Scottish site being cheapest I've seen.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KHLQHLC/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Ordered one, not sure whether I'll have to keep it unopened, but it'll almost certainly be played a bit, but frugally, as I have the old disc and cd.

More Pink Floyd albums are being released on vinyl this Friday, plus a few more on 28th October. The first four albums were released earlier this year and I forgot all about the others till I saw someone say their copy of Meddle is on its way.

It looks like this week's releases are almost £21, but those scheduled for October are only a smidge over £16. Anyway, here's some links.

23-9-16
Atom Heart Mother
Meddle
Obscured by Clouds

28-10-16
Animals
The Final Cut
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

I just listened to Meddle and holy smoke, what a cut: crisp sound, just a smidge of crackle and flat as a pancake. Oh and great music too. I haven't played OBC yet, but I'm hopeful it'll be just as good :)

Derek approves this message.

Sorry to make this more of a re-issues thread, but Autechre's long OOP first 3 are being reissued by Warp. Available direct from bleep.com or elsewhere.

advertisement

Back