advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

A new Creation Rebel lp - Hostile Environment out on Oct 6th.

https://store.on-usound.com/release/404817-creation-rebel-hostile-environment

404817-3.jpg

Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me OST red vinyl on sale for £13.49 delivered here @ ebay.

81NHIkiOJvL._AC_UY218_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me OST red vinyl on sale for £13.49 delivered here @ ebay.

81NHIkiOJvL._AC_UY218_.jpg

A slight increase to £14.99 delivered but at least it's available again.

I'm playing my copy just now. Both records are flat, and if side 1 is anything to go by, it's a quiet pressing and it sounds great. As for the cherry red finish? It's a damn fine cherry red finish!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Just bought John Mayer’s Continuum on vinyl and I’m blown away by the quality. Inky black, noise free background and fabulous detail. Double disc,180gsm vinyl and only £25 smackers on Amazon. Highly recommended.

If it hasn't had a mention Black Pumas have a new LP coming soon.
Got their first album which is rather nice if a bit derivtive. They sound a lot like a lot of other bands without bringing much new to the party. I was therefore surprised to see Mojo 30th Anniversary edition this month listing them as one of the 30 current acts we'll still be listening to in 30 years time. I'd be surprised if we still are in 5 years time. Or am I missing something?

Got their first album which is rather nice if a bit derivtive. They sound a lot like a lot of other bands without bringing much new to the party. I was therefore surprised to see Mojo 30th Anniversary edition this month listing them as one of the 30 current acts we'll still be listening to in 30 years time. I'd be surprised if we still are in 5 years time. Or am I missing something?

I'd agree with Mojo, I thought the first LP was excellent, good song writing, good playing and I think Eric has a great voice, I'd agree they're kind of reminiscent of the sound of the Tamla Motown era.

Who are these other bands you think they sound alot like?

Who are these other bands you think they sound alot like?

Well, most obviously Al Green and Curtis Mayfield but also many other soul greats of that era. More recently McAlmont and Butler spring to mind when I hear them.

Good band but I just don’t see the longevity thing.

Well, most obviously Al Green and Curtis Mayfield but also many other soul greats of that era. More recently McAlmont and Butler spring to mind when I hear them.

Good band but I just don’t see the longevity thing.
Well hopefully we'll be around in 30 years time to find out if Mojo were correct.

Yuele’s Softscars just turned up. I went for the ‘deluxe edition’ from 4AD, which will likely be long gone by now, and sadly their packaging & QC led something to be desired, two minor corner dings (first of this year) and the insert was creased straight out the shrink, which is triggering given it wasn’t cheap. That said and done it is excellent. A great cut with plenty of dynamics and just as odd and out-there as one would hope. More forceful and even shoegaze-ish than Glitch Princess (one of my favourites from last year), I’m liking it a lot on first spin.

PS The Creation Rebel pictured upthread landed too. It does exactly what it says on the tin. Recommended. Amazon link here.

advertisement

Back