advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Sleaford Mods team up with Cold War Steve for the title track from their new album UK Grim.

PS Signed white copies from their site (link) if you move fast enough.
Just arrived this morning

52738288385_7c2c8de564_z.jpg

Looking forward to a listen later

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
EBTG’s new album Fuse landed earlier. Rather good on first listen. Obviously EBTG (in their electronic phase), nicely produced and a decent cut/pressing. I preordered this one ages ago, my copy is the Rough Trade exclusive signed edition with a different cover colour design. Long sold-out and not even on Discogs yet so I can’t add it to my collection yet (unless I can be bothered photographing and adding it myself, which I actually did for the rather excellent London Brew test pressing as there are only 10 of those).

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Currently spinning Nabiha Iqbal’s Dreamer, which is a rather wonderful slab of dream-pop/borderline shoegaze. One for fans of Beach House, Cocteau Twins, Ulrich Schnauss etc and not a style I expected to turn up on Ninja Tune. I managed to grab the now likely long-gone pink Dinked edition with a tote bag that I now have to figure out how/where to store, I got #7/300, so a nice low number too. Collectors gonna collect…

(unless I can be bothered photographing and adding it myself, which I actually did for the rather excellent London Brew test pressing as there are only 10 of those).

Jealous of your purchase of the test pressing. Excellent catch.

Jealous of your purchase of the test pressing. Excellent catch.

It’s a tough one to work out as really I got charged twice as much not to get a proper cover! It falls into an interesting category as from a record dealer perspective test pressings tend not to carry any premium beyond some chancers in the audiophile world (e.g. charging LOLprice for MoFi, Classic Records etc test pressings). I’ve still got some Decca classical test pressings in the shop at around a tenner a throw, and they’ve been there several years now.

That said this is different as it is a commercial product and is clearly the most limited version of this record. It is the most limited official commercial pressing in my entire collection. I have rarer, but they are acetates, proper (i.e. not released) test pressings etc. The next most rare official releases I’ve got are a couple of Weird Beard label 10” lathe cuts which were limited to 75 each (Korb, Smote) and from there the Str4ta Str4tasfear edition of 100, all of which which has done well judging by Discogs. I’m hoping the London Brew is a similarly good investment, but it will likely be a while until it is tested as I think it snuck under the radar of flippers and went to folk like me who will keep it. Regardless it is a really nice pressing of a great album, but I wish they’d flung a proper sleeve in so I could see what the tracks were called without going online!

It’s a tough one to work out as really I got charged twice as much not to get a proper cover! It falls into an interesting category as from a record dealer perspective test pressings tend not to carry any premium beyond some chancers in the audiophile world (e.g. charging LOLprice for MoFi, Classic Records etc test pressings). I’ve still got some Decca classical test pressings in the shop at around a tenner a throw, and they’ve been there several years now.

That said this is different as it is a commercial product and is clearly the most limited version of this record. It is the most limited official commercial pressing in my entire collection. I have rarer, but they are acetates, proper (i.e. not released) test pressings etc. The next most rare official releases I’ve got are a couple of Weird Beard label 10” lathe cuts which were limited to 75 each (Korb, Smote) and from there the Str4ta Str4tasfear edition of 100, all of which which has done well judging by Discogs.

Fun idea for a thread maybe!

I think the most limited official release I have is this lathe cut 7" by Howlround & Merkaba Macabre produced in an edition of 20.

https://www.discogs.com/release/15401132-Howlround-Merkaba-Macabre-Cantor-Dust-Monster-Curve

Black Dog Productions Warp LPs “Bytes” & “Spanners” are repressed and up for preorder on Boomkat where the next few reissues from the Chris & Cosey back catalogue are also up for preorder.

advertisement

Back