advertisement

Glastonbury 22

Absolutely bang on with McCartney's performance. I'm not an out-and-out fan of his, but credit where it's due.......it was astonishing.

And to think he's almost as old as the average age of the membership of this board! Sure puts it into perspective.

Paul McCartney is a great advert for vegetarianism, look at him, 80! John Lennon never embraced it and he didn’t live half as long. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Does he still own his songs? No idea, but I’m curious why his set is clearly being treated differently to others.
I think he reacquired the rights after Michael Jackson died. Probably finds the extra few bob comes in handy with the cost of living these days.

Totally different musical form. Jazz evolves, it grows, it is a lifelong journey, never a static recreation of the past.

Though saying that Monk arrived seemingly fully formed with a style absolutely unique that he barely varied for the rest of his life.

To me that's kind of the point. What you hear in his playing is Monk. And let's face it - he was the greatest pianist of the 20th century bar none. You can't improve on perfection.

Last edited:
Wow. St Vincent and her band are pretty damn fine. Mark Guiliana reigning himself in nicely. Much like Paul Motian and Arlo Guthrie

Herbie is great! 82 years old and still amazing on the piano/synth. Excellent band too, especially the drummer! Hopefully he’ll introduce them all as chances are I’ve heard of most of them even if I’m failing to recognise anyone!

Someone told me there as a commercial issue that was going to stop it, although I can find no confirmation. Some of the other sets have taken a while to come up though so it might turn up later.

advertisement

Back