advertisement

Glastonbury 22

Scrolling through the bill I'm kind of surprised at the number of acts I haven't heard of in decades - Tanita Tikaram! Reef! Hothouse Flowers!!

But as you say, with 100 and something stages there is indeed something for everyone.

Yes, some very good stuff knocking around there. Of the big stages I’m most looking forward to Kendrick Lamar and St Vincent, the rest is mainly around the smaller stages with Nubian Twist, Emma Jean Thackray, Nubia Garcia, Kae Tempest, Seun Kuti etc. Herbie Hancock on Sunday afternoon will be interesting, curious what he chooses to dig out of such a long and amazing life of recording. The thing I like the most about Glastonbury is checking out the various new or smaller bands I’ve never even heard of. Hopefully the BBC coverage won’t be too cost-cut compared to previous years and this is still possible. It usually points me at a fair bit of interesting stuff to buy.

Yes, some very good stuff knocking around there. Of the big stages I’m most looking forward to Kendrick Lamar and St Vincent, the rest is mainly around the smaller stages with Nubian Twist, Emma Jean Thackray, Nubia Garcia, Kae Tempest, Seun Kuti etc. Herbie Hancock on Sunday afternoon will be interesting, curious what he chooses to dig out of such a long and amazing life of recording. The thing I like the most about Glastonbury is checking out the various new or smaller bands I’ve never even heard of. Hopefully the BBC coverage won’t be too cost-cut compared to previous years and this is still possible. It usually points me at a fair bit of interesting stuff to buy.
Coverage on BBC iPlayer has started today, a dedicated channel, looks good so far.

Just watched the stormzy program on iPlayer glasto channel. He was going through all sorts of technical challenges during his 2019 headline gig. Had no idea this was the case, the mark of a true professional, hats off to him!

Just watched the stormzy program on iPlayer glasto channel. He was going through all sorts of technical challenges during his 2019 headline gig. Had no idea this was the case, the mark of a true professional, hats off to him!
Very much so, thought he came across as incredibly humble too.

Kae Tempest just had a segment on the iplayer thingy. Very good.
Just calculated it is 36 years since I went to my first Glasto. Fond memories.

Just calculated it is 36 years since I went to my first Glasto. Fond memories.

Well done for having any memory of it at all!

Going to be a lot of music in the the house for the next 3 days, it will be interesting to see how the BBC manage the huge line up!

I wonder if vegans going there care that it's a working dairy farm? Asking for a friend;)

Not only that, but Michael Eavis is an enthusiastic fox hunt supporter and employs members of the local hunt as stewards. Plus he continues to support and allow the badger cull to operate on his own land despite the Governments own scientific advisors finally conceding that it has had absolutely zero effect on the rates of TB in cattle (which was obviously the prediction of many scientists before it even started).

Lots of great music obviously and can be an amazing experience going to it, but these days it's very far from being a green and/or alternative event. It's become a bit of a monster imo.

Not only that, but Michael Eavis is an enthusiastic fox hunt supporter and employs members of the local hunt as stewards. Plus he continues to support and allow the badger cull to operate on his own land
That's him off my Christmas Card list

Not only that, but Michael Eavis is an enthusiastic fox hunt supporter and employs members of the local hunt as stewards. Plus he continues to support and allow the badger cull to operate on his own land despite the Governments own scientific advisors finally conceding that it has had absolutely zero effect on the rates of TB in cattle (which was obviously the prediction of many scientists before it even started).

Lots of great music obviously and can be an amazing experience going to it, but these days it's very far from being a green and/or alternative event. It's become a bit of a monster imo.
And what about that stupid beard?

Michael has also been vocal in his support for fox hunting, trophy hunting and badger culling, prompting anger from animal rights activist including Queen guitarist Brian May, who has claimed he will never play the festival in protest.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/michael-emily-eavis-father-daughter-230100410.html

I didn't know that.

Well, I've never been and unlikely to start so he's not had any of my cash. I'll watch a bit on iPlayer though.

I'm not a fan of his group but that Brian May seems like a very nice man. When most rock gods his age are lavishing their wealth on private islands and women who could be their granddaughters, he seems to be spending it on rescuing hedgehogs. Top marks.

advertisement

Back