advertisement

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government?

How long before a vote of no confidence in Johnson's Government?

• Within a week.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Within a month

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Before October 31st

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • After a no deal Brexit

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 41 29.7%
  • After failing to deliver Brexit on October 31st

Votes: 21 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there’ll be one. Johnson’s cabinet is designed to lay waste to the Brexit Party. He’ll spout beans all summer about backstop, renegotiation, then in October hand Jeremy his election followed shortly after that by his arse on a plate. Unless of course JC does to the remain vote what Boris is doing to the leave vote. For all the burning injustices this election is about Brexit. Sadly I don’t think JC is brave enough to do it...

2ls9lwo.jpg

The most reliable indicator of a Tory or other rightwinger is someone having no formal qualifications, i.e. those who find it difficult to see through the naked self-interest of the public school elite. Some of that will be the older Tories harking back to the 50s, but the trend is obvious. This is why the right oppose a quality education for all, as has always been the case. This was the polling prior to Corbyn's surge at the last election.

Education-01.png

Interesting article on education/SES and voting in the EU Referendum here: [URL]http://www.statsguy.co.uk/brexit-voting-and-education/[/url].

An interesting perspective on where in the UK power really mlies

https://static.nytimes.com/email-co...3654&nl=the-interpreter&emc=edit_int_20190726

and a perfect Economist cover:

20190727_LDD001_0.jpg

An excerpt from the accompanying leader:

At a time of national gloom, the Tories hope that Mr Johnson’s ebullience will be enough to “ping off the guy-ropes of self-doubt”, as he put it in his jokey acceptance speech. We hope they are right. But in reality his breezy style seems not so much boldly Churchillian as unthinkingly reckless. To get to Downing Street he has made wild promises about Brexit that he cannot possibly keep. His fantastical approach means he is fast heading for no-deal—and therefore a face-off with Parliament, which seems determined to stop that outcome. Britain should get ready for one of the bumpiest governments in its modern history. It could also be the shortest.

I don’t think there’ll be one. Johnson’s cabinet is designed to lay waste to the Brexit Party. He’ll spout beans all summer about backstop, renegotiation, then in October hand Jeremy his election followed shortly after that by his arse on a plate. Unless of course JC does to the remain vote what Boris is doing to the leave vote. For all the burning injustices this election is about Brexit. Sadly I don’t think JC is brave enough to do it...

The manifesto writing process is not in JC's control as far as I know. Clause V or something...

The manifesto writing process is not in JC's control as far as I know. Clause V or something...

Well it’s taken him long enough to start doing what conference asked him to do last time, so I have no great hopes that he will move quickly to a new position especially one he seems opposed to. If the opposition to Brexit doesn’t coalesce around Labour I see the Liberals as the main beneficiaries.

Labour have left it too late. Anything they do at this stage will be rightly viewed as tacky electioneering rather than taking any moral position against right-wing nationalism. They are toast until they rethink and rebuild under a new leader, and rightfully so.

Labour have left it too late, anything they do at this stage will be rightly viewed as tacky electioneering rather than taking any moral position against right-wing nationalism. They are toast until they rebuild under a new leader.

They're toast if people enable a BJ victory by holding their hands in the air and say 'well I didn't vote for him'. I'd encourage everyone here to think very carefully about the next few years. It's not a game about point scoring - if you're not reliant on the nhs just now (like I am), you are highly to be at some stage in the future. A Tory/Trump insurance-led health service won't cover pre-existing conditions, just like in the US.

They're toast if people enable a BJ victory by holding their hands in the air and saying 'well I didn't vote for him'. I'd encourage everyone here to think very carefully about the next few years. It's not a game about point scoring - if you're not reliant on the nhs just now (like I am), you are highly to be at some stage in the future. A Tory/Trump insurance-led health service won't cover pre-existing conditions, just like in the US.

The trouble with FPTP is that it encourages this sort of thinking. Labour have got it so wrong they’ve lost the support of millions of voters. I’d only vote for them at the next election if it’s a tight race between Labour and the Brexit Party. Otherwise I reserve my right to use my vote to protest at the interminable fence sitting which has led partly to the mess we’re in. JC won’t be Prime Minister, I’d like another hung parliament, with Lib/Lab/SNP/PC/Green able to form a majority coalition. That may though be pie in the sky thinking. Hopefully that would lead to electoral reform where how you voted genuinely mattered.

The trouble with FPTP is that it encourages this sort of thinking. Labour have got it so wrong they’ve lost the support of millions of voters. I’d only vote for them at the next election if it’s a tight race between Labour and the Brexit Party. Otherwise I reserve my right to use my vote to protest at the interminable fence sitting which has led partly to the mess we’re in. JC won’t be Prime Minister, I’d like another hung parliament, with Lib/Lab/SNP/PC/Green able to form a majority coalition. That may though be pie in the sky thinking. Hopefully that would lead to electoral reform where how you voted genuinely mattered.

We have FPTP - it's not an intellectual exercise to be analysed later

‘Enabling the Tories by not voting for Jeremy’ and ‘Remainers being to blame for not getting a Brexit deal’ are two cheeks of the same generous arse of denial. I’m afraid all political leaders who touch the ring stolen by the sulphurous dwarf Nigel, perish. First Treeza, then Jeremy and Boris.

We have FPTP - it's not an intellectual exercise to be analysed later

Thing is an election is essentially a beauty parade, problem for you is whilst Boris’s lot are minging, I and many others don’t fancy yours either. For me it’s a trust thing.

Thing is an election is essentially a beauty parade, problem for you is whilst Boris’s lot are minging, I and many others don’t fancy yours either. For me it’s a trust thing.

No idea what you're getting at, Labour for me has been a political compromise all my life, best of a bad bunch - Labour with no illusions. I'd really encourage you to think the same way

If you don't vote Labour at every opportunity, you are a Tory enabler. That is the reality of FPTP....

If you think in that way, you clearly have no clue what politics is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back