advertisement

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government?

How long before a vote of no confidence in Johnson's Government?

• Within a week.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Within a month

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Before October 31st

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • After a no deal Brexit

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 41 29.7%
  • After failing to deliver Brexit on October 31st

Votes: 21 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us rise above the ‘support your team even when it is clearly shit’ tribal mentality. There is no way I could vote Labour at present, not a hope in hell. If that means the Tories get to own their Brexit mess, so be it. I have no issue with that and would prefer it than to see such a weak and ineffectual left carry the can for it. Perhaps Labour will be a credible party by the time of the following election, who knows? I’ll assess that at that time. At this point the LDs, Greens, SNP and PC all look like far better options.

Some of us rise above the ‘support your team even when it is clearly shit’ tribal mentality. There is no way I could vote Labour at present, not a hope in hell. If that means the Tories get to own their Brexit mess, so be it. I have no issue with that and would prefer it than to see such a weak and ineffectual left carry the can for it. Perhaps Labour will be a credible party by the time of the following election, who knows? I’ll assess that at that time. At this point the LDs, Greens, SNP and PC all look like far better options.

You're not rising above anything, it's middle class elitism. Sorry to be blunt but I think you're trying to be offensive

If you don't vote Labour at every opportunity, you are a Tory enabler. That is the reality of FPTP....
You are Cardinal Ratzinger, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and I salute your ideological purity.

If you think in that way, you clearly have no clue what politics is.

If you believe that blindly following a party when you don’t agree with a key policy, and don’t believe the potential pm to be competent enough to carry out the policies you do agree with I think you’d be foolish to vote for the party. I’ll only vote Labour again if any of the following criteria are met:

1) JC is gone and the new leader got elected on a remain platform
2) There’s a serious chance the Brexit Party will win my constituency seat ahead of the Labour candidate. (I live in a seat where they are pretty much the two likely outcomes at the present time)

Otherwise the Green Party better matches my political beliefs, so to be true to myself and my beliefs, I’ll vote for them.

Maybe Cav you could explain how this shows my ignorance of politics?

I took it more of a suggestion that anyone who doesn't vote labour is an enemy of the people as described by the Roman Senate, Robespierre, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Senator McCarthy, The Daily Mail*, Trump** and other very cuddly people who no doubt thought they had everyones best interest at heart.

* The judges who confirmed it required a vote in Parliament to leave the EU
** Tweeted "The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

I took it more of a suggestion that anyone who doesn't vote labour is an enemy of the people as described by the Roman Senate, Robespierre, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Senator McCarthy, The Daily Mail*, Trump** and other very cuddly people who no doubt thought they had everyones best interest at heart.

** Tweeted "The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"
“Everyone get behind Brexit to make it a success”.
“Everyone get behind Jeremy to get a Brexit that works for XXXXXX”.

It’s usually said in a faux reasonable voice-like the one used by Andrea Leadsom or Barry Gardiner. My response is usually
“ **** that” in a very different voice.

Last edited:
No idea what you're getting at, Labour for me has been a political compromise all my life, best of a bad bunch - Labour with no illusions. I'd really encourage you to think the same way

Many people similarly motivated vote SNP, LD, Green, PC et al and for similar reasons.

If you don't vote Labour at every opportunity, you are a Tory enabler. That is the reality of FPTP....

Possibly a guilt based pitch for votes is all Labour have left.

Politics isn't 'if you're not for me you're against me'.

So are the Labour zealots really suggesting that we should vote for them just because they're not Tories? Is that the only thing going for them? Bit of a piss poor affair if that's all you've got.

I think Boris is getting ready to re-release his greatest hits,

2cp8f7s.jpg

I thought politics in this country was people making up their own minds and voting freely without being told which way they should think.

You are Cardinal Ratzinger, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and I salute your ideological purity.
If you believe that blindly following a party when you don’t agree with a key policy, and don’t believe the potential pm to be competent enough to carry out the policies you do agree with I think you’d be foolish to vote for the party. I’ll only vote Labour again if any of the following criteria are met:

1) JC is gone and the new leader got elected on a remain platform
2) There’s a serious chance the Brexit Party will win my constituency seat ahead of the Labour candidate. (I live in a seat where they are pretty much the two likely outcomes at the present time)

Otherwise the Green Party better matches my political beliefs, so to be true to myself and my beliefs, I’ll vote for them.

Maybe Cav you could explain how this shows my ignorance of politics?

So are the Labour zealots really suggesting that we should vote for them just because they're not Tories? Is that the only thing going for them? Bit of a piss poor affair if that's all you've got.
The contortions here. Corbyn could be promising to murder every first born in the country and Labour would still have a less regressive offer than the Conservatives. The entire front bench could be suffering from advanced dementia and they would still be more competent than Raab and his ilk. As it happens they're a fairly stolid bunch who are promising a referendum, a well-costed funding boost for public services, a solution to the social care crisis, action on climate change and much needed economic reform. We have a first past the post system. Unless you live in a LD/Tory marginal or equivalent any vote for anyone but Labour is a vote for no deal Brexit, demented racism, climate change denialism, the persecution of the poor and the disabled, vulture capitalism.

Keynesian economics plus a bunch of do-gooder social workers vs oligarch-funded hedge fund managers who literally look to the KKK for inspiration: "They're as bad as each other! I can't tell the difference!"

Are you actually f_____ serious?

The contortions here. Corbyn could be promising to murder every first born in the country and Labour would still have a less regressive offer than the Conservatives. The entire front bench could be suffering from advanced dementia and they would still be more competent than Raab and his ilk. As it happens they're a fairly stolid bunch who are promising a referendum, a well-costed funding boost for public services, a solution to the social care crisis, action on climate change and much needed economic reform. We have a first past the post system. Unless you live in a LD/Tory marginal or equivalent any vote for anyone but Labour is a vote for no deal Brexit, demented racism, climate change denialism, the persecution of the poor and the disabled, vulture capitalism.

Keynesian economics plus a bunch of do-gooder social workers vs oligarch-funded hedge fund managers who literally look to the KKK for inspiration: "They're as bad as each other! I can't tell the difference!"

Sean, you’re right in as much as Labour are up against low politicians who have gone lower than a snake’s arse but they are making little impact with voters outside their own base. In fact some of them seem to be defecting to Johnson and Farage. Somethings gone badly wrong that pointing fingers and screaming “enablers” isn’t addressing. Do you think it’s something to do with Brexit?

People who struggle financially can sure tell the difference, Sean.

Sean, you’re right in as much as Labour are up against low politicians who have gone lower than a snake’s arse but they are making little impact with voters outside their own base. In fact some of them seem to be defecting to Johnson and Farage. Somethings gone badly wrong that pointing fingers and screaming “enablers” isn’t addressing. Do you think it’s something to do with Brexit?
Sure. But obviously that's not all it is because the fact is - sorry everyone if it's Stalinist to point it out - that some people would rather remain pure of heart and usher in a no deal Brexit than vote for a party that is promising a referendum that would very likely stop Brexit in its tracks. Performative idiocy aside, clearly their priorities lie elsewhere.

People who struggle financially can sure tell the difference, Sean.
Yes, sadly it comes down to this. There is a terrible symmetry between vindictive Brexiteer pensioners insulated from the effects of no deal by virtue of inflated asset prices and self-righteous Remainer pensioners insulated from the effects of no deal by virtue of inflated asset prices. One wants no deal Brexit to stick it right up young people, the other to own the leftist thought police.

Sure. But obviously that's not all it is because the fact is - sorry everyone if it's Stalinist to point it out - that some people would rather remain pure of heart and usher in a no deal Brexit than vote for a party that is promising a referendum that would very likely stop Brexit in its tracks. Performative idiocy aside, clearly their priorities lie elsewhere.

I thought you said that Labour couldn't stop Brexit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back