advertisement

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government?

How long before a vote of no confidence in Johnson's Government?

• Within a week.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Within a month

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Before October 31st

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • After a no deal Brexit

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 41 29.7%
  • After failing to deliver Brexit on October 31st

Votes: 21 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone saying a 'no deal' Brexit will be a disaster are partly wrong. It won't be a disaster for the UK, it will be great - latest studies reckon we will benefit by about £135 billion. It will be a disaster for the EU, because, being basically bankrupt, they want our £39 billion. The EU will collapse soon. Cannot happen soon enough.

Also, those calling Boris a simpleton and a buffoon are also wrong. He has cultivated that image deliberately, but do not be fooled. You don't become Mayor of London (elected twice), Foreign Secretary, and Prime Minister, unless you are a sharp political operator.

Well said sir !

At last a sensible positive post unlike the tripe that normally appears on here regarding Brexit. I watched the complete HoC speech along with the reply from Mr.Marxist and Boris was brilliant ! At long last this country will be on the front foot rather than being a puppet with the EU pulling the strings ....... bring it on !

The only economist coming up with positive numbers for Brexit is Minford, who uses assumptions best described in academic language as "laughable and in cloud cuckoo land".

Which makes an obvious difference to the position of the front foot described, sensible people noting the probability of its current location making teethmarks.

Well said sir !

At last a sensible positive post unlike the tripe that normally appears on here regarding Brexit. I watched the complete HoC speech along with the reply from Mr.Marxist and Boris was brilliant ! At long last this country will be on the front foot rather than being a puppet with the EU pulling the strings ....... bring it on !

Complete gargage and as 'fact free' as usual. Well done. Poor souls what will you do as Boris fvcks this up?

The most reliable indicator of a Tory or other rightwinger is someone having no formal qualifications, i.e. those who find it difficult to see through the naked self-interest of the public school elite. Some of that will be the older Tories harking back to the 50s, but the trend is obvious. This is why the right oppose a quality education for all, as has always been the case. This was the polling prior to Corbyn's surge at the last election.

Education-01.png

Also, those calling Boris a simpleton and a buffoon are also wrong. He has cultivated that image deliberately, but do not be fooled. You don't become Mayor of London (elected twice), Foreign Secretary, and Prime Minister, unless you are a sharp political operator.

Well of course he's a sharp political operator. But where is it written that being a sharp operator and being a dangerous egocentric lying scheming self interested twat are mutually exclusive?

Well said sir !

You really are priceless.. Please explain how going cap in hand to that cretin Trump for the scraps from his trade table, will put us on the front foot?

Everyone saying a 'no deal' Brexit will be a disaster are partly wrong. It won't be a disaster for the UK, it will be great - latest studies reckon we will benefit by about £135 billion. It will be a disaster for the EU, because, being basically bankrupt, they want our £39 billion. The EU will collapse soon. Cannot happen soon enough.

‘Latest studies?’ Be interesting to see them. I await the evidence.

To be fair, Minford does at least understand that a hard-Brexit will decimate the manufacturing and agriculture sector and damage the financial sector too. But he says 'it's worth it.' And it will be for small-state disaster capitalists.'

Another person who not only wants the UK to suffer, but wants to bring the rest of the EU down as well.

Stephen

Brexit has become a strange phenomenon though, with those who I probably share most political views with defending posts from those on the hard-right of British politics.

I'm continually astonished, even with the new Government we have now, that left wing leave voters still can't accept that Brexit was and is a right-wing project.

It's a funny old world.

Stephen

Brexit has become a strange phenomenon though, with those who I probably share most political views with defending those on the hard-right of British politics.

It's a funny old world.

Stephen
Now that Johnson is in power he will repeat many of his outrageous tropes which the fans will lap up and they’ll be emboldened to ‘speak out’ themselves. I think you’ll hear more shamelessly trotted out - take your pick from “lazy people living the high life on benefits, too many brown people down the shops, why can’t I get a GP appointment when the waiting room is full of Poles? Why does all our money go to the Indian space programme and who do those Micks think they are tellin us what we can and can’t do with their border”.

There might be a VONC, but it won't be successful. The Tories, even the so-called rebels, are more interested in their jobs than principles.

Then there are the Labour MPs who will vote for Johnson (a) Because they are in reality right-wing slapheads or (b) They don't care because they want Brexit, preferably a No Deal one, and are due to be deselected by their CLPs.

Only a fool would trust Jo Swinson, who has said she won't support Johnson. She hasn't however ruled out another Coalition with the Tories in general, but is against one with Corbyn.

If you look at Swinson's voting record in the Coalition, she is more right-wing than a lot of Tories.

"She consistently voted to reduce welfare and benefits, including cutting payments for people with illnesses or disabilities. She also voted to cut the Educational Maintenance Allowance for 16-to-19-year-olds. And she helped to raise university tuition fees, despite promising not to as one of the key policies that helped elect many Lib Dem MPs in 2010. Her track record on environmental issues, meanwhile, shows she supported the badger cull, fracking and HS2."

The Lib Dems aren't the best of a bad bunch, they are just plain bad.

Jack

Your post seems to lack citation from credible sources for the figures quoted. Please fix.
Of course he doesn't need to, it's from the Brexiteers' Reserve of Made-Up Sh*t. When it runs out, they just think of another big number, it's being transferred from a Nigerian bank account, and we will get 20%. Easy.

Why do you think the first thing Johnson has announced in public spending is increasing police numbers? Concerns about knife crime? He’s doing what Margaret Hilda did- she got ready to break heads when the consequences of her economic policy hit and people had to be got back into line. The blitz spirit’s is only going to last for a couple of weeks at best.

I think Johnson will call an election at the first sign of parliament (and the EU!) attempting to thwart "the will of the people". The earlier the election, the better chance he has of winning it. Dark times ahead.

I see The Johnson has appointed his head & deputy of social media, lads.

Well said sir !

Why do you think the first thing Johnson has announced in public spending is increasing police numbers? Concerns about knife crime? He’s doing what Margaret Hilda did- she got ready to break heads when the consequences of her economic policy hit and people had to be got back into line. The blitz spirit’s is only going to last for a couple of weeks at best.
It will take a while for any spending increase to feed through numbers wise to the degree that it's an effective deterrent though.

I'd imagine he'll take another leaf out of the Margaret Hilda playbook and deploy troops in unmarked police uniforms.

I think Johnson will call an election at the first sign of parliament (and the EU!) attempting to thwart "the will of the people". The earlier the election, the better chance he has of winning it. Dark times ahead.
Jeremy might be about to get the GE he’s been asking for. While he’s been facing so many ways on Brexit, so will Labour votes be cast to the four winds. It was disheartening to read Own Jones’ article in the Guardian- it took him to get 2/3 the way through to mention “then there’s Brexit”. It’s about all about Brexit stoopid! If Johnson calls one now, Labour could be obliterated. Even if they come out now to back remaining in the EU, voters might simply not believe them.

Agreed, along with all the WW2 imagery from people who a) were not there, b) don't quite understand that it wasn't voted for or how well it would have gone without allies. Dark days indeed. The only thing they won't risk is a confirmatory vote, if they thought they could win that - there would be no GE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back