advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward enormously to my first visit of the season to Stamford Bridge later.

I do wonder how sensible it is for a grown man to put so much emotional investment into a game, but here I am doing it yet again.

I have a feeling of trepidation for this season, a trepidation summed up in Jack's post about the people in charge of our transfer policy. I believe Conte wanted Morata all along, and wanted him at the start of the transfer window but was sidelined by Michael Emenalo and Marina Granovskaia and their Lukaku charade.

I think we'll see Morata today, but I think he's going to need time to settle. Lukaku will score a lot of goals this season, and Morata will be compared unfavourably by press and poundits, but I still feel that Morata is much more of a Chelsea player.

Not sure if there is any remaining interest in doing this. I couldn't put in scores last season and gave up, but here goes.

Have set up a group on the BBC Predictor page called 'Tell him he's Pele - PFM' which is open to anyone on here.

You can get on using http://bbc.in/2hTMXT6 or going to My Leagues and entering the PIN kkrspk. My moniker is PFM Euro.

Premier League predictions - week 1

......................Result....Lawro
FRIDAY
Arsenal v Leicester 4-3 2-1

SATURDAY
Watford v Liverpool x-x 1-1
Chelsea v Burnley x-x 2-0
Crystal Palace v Huddersfield x-x 1-1
Everton v Stoke x-x 2-0 3-0 2-0
Southampton v Swansea x-x 2-1
West Brom v Bournemouth x-x 1-2
Brighton v Man City x-x 0-2

SUNDAY
Newcastle v Tottenham x-x 0-2
Man Utd v West Ham x-x 2-0

A correct result (picking a win, draw or defeat) is worth 10 points. The exact score earns 40 points.

You're right Morata is much more of a Chelsea player than Lukaku, from what I have seen of him in the past.

Former England forward Paul Merson thinks Lukaku is too thick to play for Chelsea, according to the Metro.

"Antonio Conte dodged a bullet by signing Alvaro Morata instead of Romelu Lukaku as the new Manchester United striker is ‘not bright enough’ to play for Chelsea.

"That is the opinion of Arsenal legend Paul Merson, who says former Real Madrid star Morata is a ‘better fit’ for the reigning champions than Lukaku.

""Lukaku’s not bright enough to play with Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas. He needs the ball over the top, and he’ll get that at Manchester United," reckons Merson.

"But I still don’t think United have enough to open teams up. They don’t have enough guile."

It will be interesting to see how Thicko's Utd do.

Jack

Well there are at least 60,000 that currently can be bothered so I'm your mates seat won't be empty long.

Well it wasn't pleasant to watch at times last night but as a game of football it had everything. Lets hope Koscielny and Mustafi dont get injured to often because their back up looked a bit shaky, lets hope some new defenders arrive.
Lacazette was great again as was Kolasinac as always going forward we looked good lets hope Sanchez decides to stay.

Once Abramovich settles the divorce bill it looks like he'll have to dip in for a whole new team as well ;)

Half time :

Chelsea 0 - Burnley 3

Another free scoring match Watford 3 Liverpool 3, 13 goals in the first two matches of the season!!

Glad UTD are playing the Ammers at OT tomorrow instead of Upton Park or whatever they call it nowadays as I reckon the Ammers will be pumped up at home this season and difficult to beat and we need a strong start.

So why have you started yet another one? :confused:

Consilidation, transfers window will be closed soon till xmas time.

I always prefer one thread for premiership, and one for other divisions otherwise you get Chelsea gossip everywhere.

Bloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back