advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one from this transfer window, but Batshuayi looks like a new player.

He was good against the Arses. I'm glad he hasn't gone out on loan and nobody has bought him, although I thought he was a bit iffy when he played last year.

Batshuayi will definitely keep new striker Morata on his toes. The latter makes his Chelsea debut against Bayern on Tuesday. It is a shame that Loic Remy didn't score when he had a couple of chances.

Chelsea beat the Arses while fielding quite a lot of youngsters, who we rarely get to see. Most of them look really good and some like Ivory Coast international Jeremie Boga seem potentially great.

Boga is a midfielder. He swerved and dribbled his way through Arsenal, as reported in the Metro.

The 20-year-old has yet to make his official debut for Chelsea's senior side, but he humiliated Arsenal's defence today.

Chelsea could so really well this year, even if we don't end up signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund, Sanchez or Augero.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is out of the running I reckon for Chelsea. He didn't play well at all today. Alonso stepped over his sliding tackle to set up the third goal for Batshuayi.

Chelsea supporters have tweeted that the England international would be a waste of money. On the other hand he has been a right tricky mover in the past.

We'll find out in the future. The transfer window is open for another six weeks. I reckon Conte has got something planned.

Jack

Alvaro Morata will wear a No. 9 shirt. Many hoped he wouldn't, because Torres played in one. Aside from a vital goal in The Champions League, Fernando was a very expensive waste of space.

Morata hopefully won't be the same. We'll find out tomorrow night when he plays for Chelsea against Bayern Munich.

Jack

Kenedy sent home by Cheski for racist issues.

No change at Stamford Bridge then I bet the great JT has been helping him fit in by learning him the local slang before he was put out to grass.

Alvaro Morata will wear a No. 9 shirt. Many hoped he wouldn't, because Torres played in one. Aside from a vital goal in The Champions League, Fernando was a very expensive waste of space.

Morata hopefully won't be the same. We'll find out tomorrow night when he plays for Chelsea against Bayern Munich.

Jack

We looked a bit of a shambles, esp first half. Lot of twitter trolls blame Kante, but I think the problem is he Cesc. He just doesn't defend well. All his thought and vision is forwards, he doesn't think behind, doesn't think 'what if'.

Matic is brilliant in this position. Not flash, never going to win MotM, but an essential cog in the machine that allows others to shine. No Matic (or Matic type player), no shine. If Kante goes forward, he drops back, if we lose the ball, he immediately repositions himself for the 'what if'.

Selling him, and it looks like we are, will be madness. Let's hope the new guy can do a job.

We looked a bit of a shambles, esp first half. Lot of twitter trolls blame Kante, but I think the problem is he Cesc. He just doesn't defend well. All his thought and vision is forwards, he doesn't think behind, doesn't think 'what if'.

Matic is brilliant in this position. Not flash, never going to win MotM, but an essential cog in the machine that allows others to shine. No Matic (or Matic type player), no shine. If Kante goes forward, he drops back, if we lose the ball, he immediately repositions himself for the 'what if'.

Selling him, and it looks like we are, will be madness. Let's hope the new guy can do a job.

Chelsea were definitely a shambles in the first half against Bayern. It would be all too easy to blame this on the fact that we didn't have Hazard, Pedro or Costa, but that would be to miss the point. We simply didn't have a joined up or energetic defence.

I've always felt a bit iffy about Matic. He can be great at times, but has a nasty habit of giving the ball away. He is also getting slower.

I hope the players we have brought in like Bakayoko, Rudiger and Andreas Christensen, who is returning from B Monchengladbach, can cover for Matic when he moves. They should be able to.

Alvaro Morata was good when he appeared, but didn't have much of a chance to shine. Bayern immediately hacked him down. He is going to have a punishing season I think.

At least Chelsea pulled their collective socks up against in the second half. Luiz came on and put a bit of a spring into the team. Shame they didn't beat the Germans. It is crap losing even a friendly.

Jack

Conte reckons Spurs haven't bought any major players because they don't think they will win anything, reports the Metro.

‘My question is this — What are Tottenham’s expectations?’ asked Conte

'If they don’t win the title, it’s not a tragedy.

‘If they don’t arrive in the Champions League, it’s not a tragedy.

‘If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it’s not a tragedy.

‘If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it is not a tragedy.

‘For Chelsea, Arsenal, City, United and… I don’t know… Liverpool, it is a tragedy.'

Conte is right. Spurs are a team of losers.

Jack

You just love clickbait headlines, don't you?

Blind was five minutes late for a doping test because he was taking part in a photoshoot after United had won the Europa Cup. Big bloody deal.

City need not worry too much, they'll never make a European final.

Don't feed the Troll Clive, his carer must have forgotten to administer his medication yet again.

UTD have signed Matic.

Meanwhile Conte is waiting for three defenders/midfielders and a striker to be signed. The directors who look after the cash are stalling and he isn't happy.

If the Evening Standard is to be believed now that it is a full on Tory newspaper edited by George Osborne, Conte is getting fed up with some of the directors at Chelsea.

They no doubt include Michael Emenalo and the Russian lady whose name I forget at this second. They are the pair who stopped Mourinho signing the players he wanted and then pressured for him to be sacked.

Conte has said that both Mourinho and Claudio Ranieri won the Premier League one year and then got sacked the next. He doesn't want that to happen to him. This is why he wants the deals done and is pissed off the directors haven't got it together.

If the same thing happens again, these directors should be given the boot asap. A lot of Chelsea supporters think exactly the same thing.

Lukaku was Emenalo's project I believe. Thank god we didn't sign him for £90 million and we told his agent to whistle for the unbelievable £10 million fee. What piss takers they are.

Jack

Total career transfer spend:

Pochettino – £232m
Klopp – £284m
Conte – £440m
Wenger – £732m
Guardiola – £850m
Mourinho – £1.23 billion

What was it Maureen was saying about prices?

PEG 2017 - This week, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho called on Uefa to get tough and claimed FFP had “big work to do because probably there are some strategies of disguise”.

PEG 2014 - Chelsea’s José Mourinho: Uefa’s FFP rules are a contradiction
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/01/jose-mourinho-chelsea-ffp-contradiction-uefa

This Hypocrite is never called out by the media. 5 minutes of investigation and you can find loads of examples where he contradicts to suit his own agenda.

LFC still looking decent with a thumping of Bayern in their stadium last night, no idea who'll they'll field in the final tonight against Athletico Madrid tho?

The Neymar news this morning is obscene if he makes the move

Total career transfer spend:

Pochettino – £232m
Klopp – £284m
Conte – £440m
Wenger – £732m
Guardiola – £850m
Mourinho – £1.23 billion

What was it Maureen was saying about prices?

You make a fair point, but the numbers really should factor in the length of career; otherwise it makes Wenger look like a big spender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back