advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know loads of Greasers they are all good lads well into their thing we get on well even though I am into the MOD scene myself just as Lordsummit is, we just respect each other for what we are.

A true mod would not befriend a greaser, at least not in the 60's:)

Bloss

Quite right but we all grew up together in the same area, worked together etc and you mellow out a bit when you are older and wiser.

Don't get sucked in, they are like hippies (both have a dislike of cleanliness) should be avoided at all costs.

Bloss

UTD looked good yesterday just got to keep it up now.

I always thought Hart was nowhere near as good a keeper as some on here were making out, but thought he was above average however without a good defence in front of him he could suffer a lot of back ache this season bending down to retrieve the ball from the back of the net.

I was very, very impressed with both Burney and Huddersfield this weekend. Brighton will struggle, Chelsea were dreadful but the most abject performance was West Ham's.

Chelsea did well with 9 men. Liverpool and Arsenal looked great going forward, but the defensive frailties of last season still haven't been resolved, and Spurs look to be business as usual.. it's just the question of dealing with the switch to Wembley.
United's most impressive thing for me was the sudden rise in confidence compared to the past few seasons, which allowed them to play expressive attacking football, and yet knowing if needs be they can go toe to toe with a team trying to rough them up.
Brighton looked very poor, and may have a good go at breaking the lowest points tally in Premiership history... I was most surprised by City taking seventy minutes to break them down considering their embarrassment of riches in attack.
Everton look an interesting prospect too this year, and if they could get Siggy from Swansea too would make them a dangerous proposition imho.
It looks to be a very interesting season in the Premiership.

Barryoke I agree with most of what you say although I definitely feel there is something amiss at Stamford Bridge and with Conte in particular he doesn't look happy. Spurs were 0-0 until Newcastle a newley promoted side had a man sent off and as they found out last season in the Champions League Wembley is a hard place to go and play.

...and yes it looks like an interesting season ahead.

I think our Chelsea contingent have given us a better insight into their club than I could possibly add to, but I think it's fair to say that the whole summer is becoming a bit of a soap opera, and you do wonder how much longer Conte will suffer the situation unless things improve dramatically.

Back to United, will this be the first season they start without a number 7? The most iconic shirt in the club's history empty, or will there be a marquee signing before the transfer window closes?

I was very, very impressed with both Burney and Huddersfield this weekend. Brighton will struggle, Chelsea were dreadful but the most abject performance was West Ham's.

Hard to disagree we were awful.

Hope that William Carvalho signs for us this week.

Virgil Van Dijk was in London today, according to the Metro. This of course means he is going to sign to Chelsea, although the article doesn't say exactly that. He's handsome and a good footballer and would fit in well at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have now bid £73 million for Alex Sandro and have been told to sod off by Juventus, reckon the Daily Star.

Nothing has changed then. The two miserly directors overseeing Chelsea transfers are looking more and more stupid.

Jack

Celtic Park was the place to be tonight. Great result, great team and fantastic fans. COYBIG.

Virgil Van Dijk was in London today, according to the Metro. This of course means he is going to sign to Chelsea, although the article doesn't say exactly that. He's handsome and a good footballer and would fit in well at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have now bid £73 million for Alex Sandro and have been told to sod off by Juventus, reckon the Daily Star.

Nothing has changed then. The two miserly directors overseeing Chelsea transfers are looking more and more stupid.

Jack

I've watched Virgil at St Mary's quite a bit over the last few seasons and have long wondered why he didn't attract attention from bigger clubs like Chelsea when we were looking for a centre back a year or so ago. If Chelsea had listened to me we'd now have had a top class centre back at a fraction of what he will cost today. Frankly I think I should be brought in to replace Michael Emenalo. I know a lot more about football than he does and I'd work for half his wages. I'm just a phone call away, Roman

I've watched Virgil at St Mary's quite a bit over the last few seasons and have long wondered why he didn't attract attention from bigger clubs like Chelsea when we were looking for a centre back a year or so ago. If Chelsea had listened to me we'd now have had a top class centre back at a fraction of what he will cost today. Frankly I think I should be brought in to replace Michael Emenalo. I know a lot more about football than he does and I'd work for half his wages. I'm just a phone call away, Roman

Celtic have moulded Van Dijk into the player he has become and will get 10% of any transfer deal. He wants to go to Liverpool because he likes passionate fans at his team and 'Pool have the second most passionate support in the UK.

Celtic Park was the place to be tonight. Great result, great team and fantastic fans. COYBIG.

Yeah great result me old chum and against one of the giants of European football too you must be proud.

I fancy Celtic for the title this year and probably a cup or two.

They won't better Chinley Con Club at Dom's though.

Conte creases up when asked about Diego Costa. He told the footballer in January that he was going to sell him, a fact the press continually ignore.

Meanwhile Costa has declared war on Conte and Chelsea. He is being fined a huge amount of money for not turning up to train and his value is going down. He really is a bit of a mug.

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of Diego Costa, but in anyone's language to wave bye bye to him via a text message is about as classless as it can get. I'm not surprised he's being stubborn, but if as reported Costa has gained a lot of weight and is unfit, then he's not doing himself any favours either. .. I guess it's a case of who will blink first.

Jack, why don't Chelsea start playing the youth more often?.. you've had some cracking players come through your academy, and look good when loaned out.

Conte creases up when asked about Diego Costa. He told the footballer in January that he was going to sell him, a fact the press continually ignore.

Meanwhile Costa has declared war on Conte and Chelsea. He is being fined a huge amount of money for not turning up to train and his value is going down. He really is a bit of a mug.

Jack

It is now apparent that Costa has been angling for a move back to Athleti for some time. It is also apparent that an agreement was reached last January when he was playing up the move to China.

On the text message issue, Conte sent all players a message saying 'enjoy break and come back fit' and Costa sent back a 'jokey' response (!!). It seems Costa has reacted to Conte's reply. Interesting that Costa has not seen fit to publish the offending text.

Parts of Stamford Bridge were singing 'Diego' last weekend, though mostly as a reaction to a shambolic performance by Batshuayi. Morata looked like the real deal when he (eventually!) came on. Shame he didn't pull out of Christensen's shot (who also looked good). Hopefully Morata will start on Sunday and we won't have to hear Costa's name again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom