advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea badly missing a defensive midfielder that can protect the centre-halves and enable the more attack oriented midfielders to get forward and not have to track back and tackle.

A player like Nemanja Matić would have been ideal.

Chelsea lost 2 - 3 and they deserved to. They were defensively appalling in the first half and Cahill got a red card for a reckless tackle.

We began to take charge after the break. Morata scored his first goal for us and looked really handy. He took over from Batshuayi, who had done very little until then. The former Real Madrid player had energy and livened up the team. He later flicked on the ball for Luiz to score.

We also had a disallowed goal. Although Christensen's shot would have gone in, Morata unfortunately touched it and was offside. It is good that the Dane is back from being on loan to Borussia.

Just when it looked like Chelsea might get an unexpected draw, Fabregas was sent off. He got a second yellow card for a bad but not appalling tackle. However he'd had one in the first half for whinging and complaining to the referee.

Don't have a problem with Fabregas getting a yellow for arguing with the ref. A lot of Chelsea players were doing that and it gets in the way of the game.

Today was the 4th match in a row we have lost. We have also had four players sent off in those games.

Should be depressed, but I am not. Chelsea looked good in the second half and Morata seems to be worth the £62 million we paid for him.

In the meantime, directors Emenalo and Granovskaia deserve to have their arses kicked from here to Moscow for not buying the defenders Conte has been after for several months. They are truly stupid for holding everything up.

Jack

Cefn Druids lost by three goals at home to Cardiff MU and Celtic beat Patrick Thistle last night ffs.

There's only one team that actually comes from Manchester. I'm fortunate enough to be able to say though that I sat on the multi coloured benches of Platt Lane, and saw the sad end of Colin Bell. Turned out for the first match against Blackpool when we hit Div.2. Not enjoying as much the riches of late. Not really my team anymore, but, you don't change do you? Gave up my season ticket in 2012, Aguero, the best moment ever. Still make it probably for half the season. Try to take my lad to Rochdale, but he prefers City. Did my FA level one coaching this year, run his U8s team. That's me and football in a paragraph. Oh, wasn't a bad player in my time, but the body isn't quick enough any more. The brain outwits it now.

It can't be easy being a mod, better that than a greaser by a huge margin.

Bloss

I know loads of Greasers they are all good lads well into their thing we get on well even though I am into the MOD scene myself just as Lordsummit is, we just respect each other for what we are.

There's only one team that actually comes from Manchester. I'm fortunate enough to be able to say though that I sat on the multi coloured benches of Platt Lane, and saw the sad end of Colin Bell. Turned out for the first match against Blackpool when we hit Div.2. Not enjoying as much the riches of late. Not really my team anymore, but, you don't change do you? Gave up my season ticket in 2012, Aguero, the best moment ever. Still make it probably for half the season. Try to take my lad to Rochdale, but he prefers City. Did my FA level one coaching this year, run his U8s team. That's me and football in a paragraph. Oh, wasn't a bad player in my time, but the body isn't quick enough any more. The brain outwits it now.

Nobody who spent any length of time sat on the multi coloured benches of Platt Lane can be described as fortunate unless you are into sado masochism of the ring piece!

Tbf Man Utd are originally from Newton Heath so the non-Manchester taunt is a non-starter. And that's before you get to their massive Salford support...the geography of Manchester is not just about the Manchester City limits.
Spurs beat us at home at a stroll but we weren't helped by the captain Shelvey being sent off for an idiotic stamp on Alli.
We need to sign but apparently Ashley is skint. Heart bleeds.

I'm really enjoying Rooney's lovefest at Everton...The pyjama crack was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back