advertisement

Wot no Harry & Meghan thread?

Princess Michael (a.k.a., Marie Christine Anna Agnes Hedwig Ida von Reibnitz) is nuts. Maybe it was the burden of having too many middle names that made her that way.

They (the royals) are all nuts, every last one if them are off their heads.

Just one of the reasons why watching The Crown is so much fun! I wonder who will play H&M in a few seasons?

They will play themselves. Meghan has some relevant experience, I am told. Even Harry is OK with wearing costumes. And, hey presto, financial independence achieved!

Pretty certain they will split up as Megan willnever be suited to the royal way of running things and looks like she wears the trousers

If they need security the family should pay out of their own money (if such a thing exists) for putting them in the position of needing it. That’s what a proper family would do. Or they could pay it themselves out of the money they think they are going to make. It’s all about finding someone else to pay though isn’t it.

They (the royals) are all nuts, every last one if them are off their heads.

You'd have to be to want to do what they have to do all day without ever showing anything beyond vanilla emotion, and certainly suffering fools gladly and consistently. Defoe a vocation and not a job.

Don't what Duchess Renalt Megane was thinking before she signed up for it, eyes wide open.

If they need security the family should pay out of their own money (if such a thing exists).
It certainly exists and they have plenty of it. Large amounts of farm land and farm estate buildings. The aristos don't know what they have or what to do with it. I have a friend who has done financial work with a Lord up here in Yorkshire. One day they were driving around the estate (yes, it's big enough to drive around) and Lord G was bemoaning the running costs on the hall and how poor he was. My pal saw 2 nice little cottages, on the end of a lane a couple of hundred yards from the road. "Oh, are they yours? Who lives there?" he asked. "Oh yes I think they're mine, nobody lives there as far as I know." The farm manager concurred. "Are they in a decent state of repair?" Yes they were. "Well why don't you get them sorted out, coat of paint, £500 a month each, easy money." Nope. Too much trouble. £12k a year in exchange for sticking up a fence and painting a couple of houses, of which he has a few dotted about from the days when farm estates needed dozens of staff, and he can't be bothered. It's not even as if he'd have to do anything, the Estate Manager would collect the rents. Lord G isn't even a big league Royal, he's 300-oddth in line for the throne, went to W&K wedding and H&M of course.

You'd have to be to want to do what they have to do all day without ever showing anything beyond vanilla emotion, and certainly suffering fools gladly and consistently. Defoe a vocation and not a job.

Don't what Duchess Renalt Megane was thinking before she signed up for it, eyes wide open.

Aye you would have thought that she would have dug a wee bit into the nazi past of the royal family, maybe she thought that she could maybe help them to get into the 21 century and start leaving that stuff behind them but obviously not.

The whole nonsense about Edward the Viii abdicating for love is coming back to haunt them now though, even the queen and her sister were doing nazi salutes as young girls.

And the bold Harry's penchant for cutting about in Nazi uniform can't have helped either.

maybe the Royal Family has a similar held value as the EU.....in that no one can ever really leave?

Aye you would have thought that she would have dug a wee bit into the nazi past of the royal family, maybe she thought that she could maybe help them to get into the 21 century and start leaving that stuff behind them but obviously not.

The whole nonsense about Edward the Viii abdicating for love is coming back to haunt them now though, even the queen and her sister were doing nazi salutes as young girls.

And the bold Harry's penchant for cutting about in Nazi uniform can't have helped either.

Perish the thought. Lover conquers all?
Someone has to open all those hospital buildings. Oh, wait we are closing more than we are opening, did someone say..

maybe the Royal Family has a similar held value as the EU.....in that no one can ever really leave?

I've really no sympathy for MM you swim with the sharks and all that.

She is now a cash cow for racist newspapers and their readers and even if she leaves harry the nazi then they'll hound her till the end of her days.

I've really no sympathy for MM you swim with the sharks and all that.

She is now a cash cow for racist newspapers and their readers and even if she leaves harry the nazi then they'll hound her till the end of her days.

I think she craves the attention, 'special' 'victim' etc.

It Sells in Hollywood you know.

I think she craves the attention, 'special' 'victim' etc.

It Sells in Hollywood you know.

No I think that she completely misunderstood what she was marrying into, I mean imagine you are a person of colour and the aunt of your finance turns up with a racist brooch on to have lunch with you.

That's the depth of feeling that mob have towards people in general never mind people of colour.

The monarchy is a meritocracy after all and every last one of them would kill each other to be as close as possible to the queen, nothing's really changed with them in over a thousand years, Henry VIII's murderous ways are still in every last one of them.

Eff me it's less than a 100 years since they locked up an epileptic cousin, prince John, who died in some obscure royalist house and don't forget the princes in the tower.

As I said above they're all nuts every last one of them.

Did I mention princess Alice?:D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_John_of_the_United_Kingdom

"Ghosts of Prince's in Towers"

She'd be pretty uninformed if she didn't scope exactly what she was signing up for, and how long 'they' take to change let alone reform and become more modern and 'with-it'.

I reckon she thought of herself along the lines of Grace Kelly, before realizing it's actually a lot of crap work with blinkered people. But she is neither GK nor Di. she's an interloper in the eyes of the Crown. Damage done, then withdrawn.

Any its nice for folk to be distracted from Brexit and bent carrots.

Whilst I think the Royal family should be gently taxed out of existence, it's difficult not to have some sympathy for someone whose mother was literally chased to death by the tabloids.

He should be wary, though. Once Diana Spencer left the shelter of the media protocol and precedents granted to the machinery of the house of Windsor, the tabloids went to town on her gloves off. And it was that which ultimately killed her.
and you really believe that???

The tabloids and their TV equivalents like the very creepy Piers Morgan and the obese Ulsterman who’s name I keep forgetting, are going to hunt Meghan to extinction because they’re going to make a lot of money from her and as they demonstrated with Harry’s mother, they can make even more money post-extinction. There’s a lot of malignant energy behind this and they are feeding it.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back