advertisement

world cup 2022

The midfield worries me as well as the defence.

And we’re a bit short on options upfront too (Mount FFS).

And the keepers are dodgy (apart from Ramsdale who Southgate doesn’t seem to rate much).

So all in all out at the group stage it is - not - going all the way this time. Look at the other teams squads (eg. Fred in Brazils).

Well I'm in for a new telly since they'll be nothing else to do. The last one Sony (40") did 10 years so I reckon that's pretty good. Sprung for an LG C2 55". The driver said that the van was full of world cup tellies!

To be fair, I think we had a very favourable draw in the 2018 WC in Russia to get to the semifinal with a very average squad.
We always have a favourable draw. Again, this year. We reached a final with mediocre talent. The manager deserves some credit, i think.

Well I'm in for a new telly since they'll be nothing else to do. The last one Sony (40") did 10 years so I reckon that's pretty good. Sprung for an LG C2 55". The driver said that the van was full of world cup tellies!

Yeah I had the same thought process but reached the opposite decision. Tempted by a 55 inch nano dot Samsung at Richer Sounds but our nine year old not even 4K Samsung works fine so we’ll stick.

Yeah I had the same thought process but reached the opposite decision. Tempted by a 55 in her nano dot Samsung at Richer Sounds but our nine year old not even 4K Samsung works fine so we’ll stick.

I'm just in the process of setting it up and learning the controls. The girls are watching Annie on Netflix and it looks stunning, really stunning and that's just straight HD. Not tried football yet

Things are picking up Gav plus your games in hand, I’d like to get there before the end of the season.

Things are picking up Gav plus your games in hand, I’d like to get there before the end of the season.

Oh yes! The squad is paper thin though having sold Hyam for a joke fee to cover the cash flow while we couldn't play at home! Godden's out for months too.

I disagree, mate. He's a poor manager.
Explain.

My case is simple, England, under this manager have reached a semi final of a world cup followed by a final of the Euros & came close on both occasions, with a very mediocre team when compared with previous offerings, the list is long of England "legends" who have underplayed at international level.

Your case is? If you have one that is.

Explain.

My case is simple, England, under this manager have reached a semi final of a world cup followed by a final of the Euros & came close on both occasions, with a very mediocre team when compared with previous offerings, the list is long of England "legends" who have underplayed at international level.

The only criticism could be that he plays too safe but I agree with your points below; he has dragged some pretty good returns out of the last two tournaments.

Explain.

I don’t have to explain, it’s an opinion based on his overall track record as a manager, which is not good, imo. You have a different opinion and that’s fine.

Fact is Southgate is the second most successful England manager. Anything else is an opinion. Mine is that a lot of people don't like him because he's never been the manager of a glamour club.

Fact is Southgate is the second most successful England manager. Anything else is an opinion. Mine is that a lot of people don't like him because he's never been the manager of a glamour club.
I think most people like him because he's a really nice bloke.
Criticism is more of a selection and tactical nature.

I think using the word 'successful' to describe a manager who's won nowt is fatally flawed personally.

I think using the word 'successful' to describe a manager who's won nowt is fatally flawed personally.
By that logic Ramsey cannot be beaten unless the next manager wins at least 2 World Cup competitions?

It is a fact that Southgate has progressed the England team further in international competitions than any manager since Ramsey. If winning the ultimate trophy is the only definition of success your life must filled with disappointment.

Nonsense. I don’t like nor dislike him, I don’t know him.

My opinion of him as a manager is based on his track record and is nothing to do with him not being the manager of a ‘glamour’ club.

Nonsense. I don’t like nor dislike him, I don’t know him.

My opinion of him as a manager is based on his track record and is nothing to do with him not being the manager of a ‘glamour’ club.
A. LOT. OF. PEOPLE.

advertisement

Back