advertisement

world cup 2022

A. LOT. OF. PEOPLE.
Yes, I read that the first time so I guess it’s a fact then, unlike his documented track record. However, personally I've never come across anyone saying they dislike him on the basis of not managing a 'glamour' club.

Last edited:
Amusingly, as well as hosting the World Cup ('boo-hiss, homophobic bastards'), Qatar is also the home of Aljazeera ('much better than the BBC').

Anyone put a bet on? Brazil look decent, even though they stupidly left out Joelinton, who is top class in midfield. I mean, Casemeiro and Fred. What about Richarlison and some LB at Notts Forest? What is that all about? Still, they’ll take some beating.

Looking forward to the matches. I’ll have plenty of booze and nibbles in the cupboard, might even buy a new TV if I see one in a sale I fancy.

I suspect nearly all of the regimes in the Middle East are less than wholesome by western standards. It seems to me a better time to make objections was prior to the decision being made of where to award the 2022 WC which was about eight years ago.

Bud have paid millions for sole rights.
I see trouble ahead indeed.
Unilaterally trying to change a contract days before the tournament would normally bring massive law suits.
Let’s see if FIFA have any balls.

"There may be trouble ahead" (Irving Berlin)

I wonder how Budweiser, Official Sponsors of The 2022 World Cup Finals in Qatar feel about this development?

"Budweiser posted a message on Twitter on saying, "Well, this is awkward" before the post was later deleted." (BBC)
Bud Zero still allowed apparently.

It seems to me a better time to make objections was prior to the decision being made of where to award the 2022 WC which was about eight years ago.

To his credit David Beckham was quite vocal in his criticism of FIFA and Qatar when the decision was made way back when.

Trousering £10m to do PR for Qatar seems to have changed his mind.

advertisement

Back