advertisement

world cup 2022

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/qatari-world-cup-ambassador-condemns-homosexuality

An ambassador for the World Cup in Qatar has described homosexuality as a “damage in the mind” in an interview with German public broadcaster ZDF only two weeks before the opening of the soccer tournament in the Gulf state, highlighting concerns about the conservative country’s treatment of gays and lesbians.

Former Qatari national team player Khalid Salman told a German reporter in an interview that being gay is “haram,” or forbidden in Arabic, and that he has a problem with children seeing gay people.

And this guy is an ambassador !?!

Roughly 2/3 of the planet agree with him to some level. The world is polarised these days.

I thought this thread was about football

England squad announced. Some very dodgy selections, I’m not confident of getting out of the group but then Southgate isn’t a good manager, so no surprise there.

I looked for the Scotch squad but didn’t find anything...;)

England squad announced. Some very dodgy selections, I’m not confident of getting out of the group but then Southgate isn’t a good manager
The only manager since 1966 to get England to the Final of any tournament, with a squad of mediocre talent, yes, he really is a bad manager.

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Newcastle), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Eric Dier (Tottenham), John Stones (Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Conor Coady (Everton), Ben White (Arsenal), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Declan Rice (West Ham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City)

Forwards: James Maddison (Leicester), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Callum Wilson (Newcastle), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)

That defence worries me

I hope this comes back to bite, and me eat humble pie, but that doesn't look like a team, capable of winning anything.

advertisement

Back