advertisement

Winter election III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge queues at polling stations, a lot of young voters in line, this is encouraging, and the elephant in the room against the polls. Under 35s are much more likely to look through the mainstream media coverage and see it for what it is, which is a blatant campaign against Labour, and the shielding of Boris Johnson.

Although the problem is that to stop a Tory majority we need huge queues of young people in the right places.

Huge queues at polling stations, a lot of young voters in line, this is encouraging, and the elephant in the room against the polls. Under 35s are much more likely to look through the mainstream media coverage and see it for what it is, which is a blatant campaign against Labour, and the shielding of Boris Johnson.

How national is that though? I’l be voting fairly late today and I’ll ask what the turnout is then, but in my specific area I’m expecting it to be very low.

I know very little about Long-Bailey, what experience does she have? I am not trolling BTW. I genuinely fear for the Labour Party if they get the next appointment wrong.

What kind of experience do the vast majority of MPs have these days? She is a former solicitor...

All will be revealed shortly, the electorate has had plenty of opportunities of late to vote for the right people; they seem to be just voting increasingly right.

If the Tories get a majority all we can do is hope our worst fears are not realised.

I continue to be cross about the Labour Party, that is my right, at least I have voted for them. I also voted remain. This shitstorm is not of my making.

All will be revealed shortly, the electorate has had plenty of opportunities of late to vote for the right people; they seem to be just voting increasingly right.

If the Tories get a majority all we can do is hope our worst fears are not realised.

I continue to be cross about the Labour Party, that is my right, at least I have voted for them. I also voted remain. This shitstorm is not of my making.

resolutely NOT interested in the view of anyone who implies and suggests that he is Reich and tolerant of racism in any form.
I'm not entirely sure how, I called you 'realm/empire'.....?The post you decided to bite on was a renaming 'one nation tory' as 'one tory reich(or empire)' as in Ein volk, etc etc

Throwing sh!t around by labelling Labour supporters 'extreme' really renders your whining a bit pathetic given the ramifications of your intended or implied support for a racist party.

If the polls are proved roughly correct when the result comes in (as is likely), it's useful to know that the Corbyn campaign has never come close to winning people over and winning a majority. Always well behind. Even against the vile blond buffoon.

Depends who you ask. If you ask under 35s, then Corbyn very much has support.

The pollsters and the vox pops should, of course, be in Dartford if they want the best chance of taking the political pulse of the nation, but they never are. Dartford is just not sexy enough (well, not since Mick and Keef left).

2.48833850.jpg

Ideally I would like a prospective leader of the opposition to either have served in government or had significant & relevant life experience.
Always a problem the further removed from the last government. I would suggest that anyone who refused to take roles under the current leadership has made themselves unelectable for being churlish, so it doesn't leave you with much choice.

Ideally I would like a prospective leader of the opposition to either have served in government or had significant & relevant life experience.
I'd like one that's not going to be corrupted by the powerful, who will stand up for those who are most vulnerable, who opposes US-led wars of aggression, and would look to invest hugely in badly needed affordable housing, the NHS, education and training, infrastructure etc.

Remind you of anyone?

I'm not entirely sure how, I called you 'realm/empire'.....?The post you decided to bite on was a renaming 'one nation tory' as 'one tory reich(or empire)' as in Ein volk, etc etc

Throwing sh!t around by labelling Labour supporters 'extreme' really renders your whining a bit pathetic given the ramifications of your intended or implied support for a racist party.

"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it"

Edith Sitwell

I'd like one that's not going to be corrupted by the powerful, who will stand up for those who are most vulnerable, who opposes US-led wars of aggression, and would look to invest hugely in badly needed affordable housing, the NHS, education and training, infrastructure etc.

Remind you of anyone?
I'd like all that plus one who is capable of commanding a majority in parliament.

Into election day purdah, now. Never quite sure how much such things do or should extend to social media.

All I want to say is: you don't have to like any of the candidates, your role/duty is simply to vote for the least worst option.

Also, in the hope that it might be useful, I note that Uber are offering free trips to and from polling stations (max £10 each way) for wheelchair users, those who are disabled, and older people who might otherwise find it hard to cast their vote: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fr...ers-disabled-and-older-people-at-uber-3360076 . The political parties are often able to give lifts too, if you contact them, and you don't even have to vote for their candidate -- in the privacy of the voting booth, they'll never know, so just use whoever you think will have the most comfortable car ;)

Kind regards

- Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back