advertisement

Winter election III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tommy Robinson, a multiply convicted violent criminal tells you to vote for Boris Johnson and fellow senior Party members of Johnson including a former Prime Minister, warm you not to, then you know something has become badly unshackled in Westminster politics. It appears to me that England has lost its senses and the centre has collapsed.
That Tommy Robinson is a popular chap...

....https://www.timesofisrael.com/why-a...oosting-a-far-right-anti-muslim-uk-extremist/

You didn’t get him to fill in one of those dodgy postal votes a few hundred times?

He and his mates are well clued up and acutely aware of the dangers that the student vote-Boris's achilles heal, could suffer owing to the clever timing of this election.
I pray his contemporaries all across the country feel similarly motivated.

There is no reason for the student vote to suffer today.
What Boris failed to realise when he thought he was being clever in his choice of date was that only Oxbridge and a very few other unis have finished for Xmas. The vast majority have not yet broken for the holiday.

Oh God. This is all such a shit show.
I certainly won’t be watching tonight or taking in any news tomorrow morning as I don’t want to get too depressed in one go. The days immediately post-referendum were bad enough, and at least we thought we had got rid of Johnson back then. I’ll take a look at the pfm front page and if there is a thread entitled ‘Oh Britain, what else have you done?’ - probably up to about Part 3 by then - I’ll roll over and go back to sleep, probably until Christmas is safely out of the way.

...It appears to me that England has lost its senses and the centre has collapsed.

That was the point of my quoting the MS piece, he explains it well. The centre ground has been occupied by people well the the right of the real centre, largely as a result of the Labour party moving so far to the right under Brown and Blair.

The only Labour supporting newspaper - newspapers aren't covered by the same neutrality laws as broadcast media. You need a bit more balance in your life...
I know that, worked in media for over 25 years. My point is that people wanting media neutrality is a myth, they just want something they agree with. The MS is smaller part of the same problem.

49207819347_f1ea97c631_o.jpg
I've just realised I missed the word 'won't'

If Corbyn does stand down - and that's a big IF in the immediate future - it won't be until the left is sure of being able to field a candidate. We can be sure that the Blairites will try to block that if at all possible. It's been looking for sometime that Long-Bailey is in the frame, but there will (also) be an election for Deputy now that Watson has fallen on his sword.
I know very little about Long-Bailey, what experience does she have? I am not trolling BTW. I genuinely fear for the Labour Party if they get the next appointment wrong.

Huge queues at polling stations, a lot of young voters in line, this is encouraging, and the elephant in the room against the polls. Under 35s are much more likely to look through the mainstream media coverage and see it for what it is, which is a blatant campaign against Labour, and the shielding of Boris Johnson.

I can't see the point of dwelling over these polls on election day. Tomorrow we'll know the actual result.

If the polls are proved roughly correct when the result comes in (as is likely), it's useful to know that the Corbyn campaign has never come close to winning people over and winning a majority. Always well behind. Even against the vile blond buffoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back