advertisement

Winter election III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, on this the biggest issue of our time Corbyn is a remoaner as far as most of them are concerned. He can wash but he'll never be clean. They want their Brexit, they won it fair and square and Boris is the man to make sure they get it, good and hard.

I don't see it as being very different from people, in say Detroit, voting for Trump. They wanted to blame someone for the manufacturing jobs moving abroad and were taking in by the right wing argument that he was going to give them their jobs back. Some people really believe that they will be better off freed from the shackles of the EU - remember the right in this country has been chipping away at them for years - 'up yours Delors!' and all the rest of it.

It depends very much on where you are sitting.

I'm sitting here, as I have been throughout, watching Labour lose a lot of support to the Tories over Brexit that I don't think are open to persuasion that it really is not in their interest, even by Corbyn.

At the same time I've seen Boris handed an election rather than be left to stew because opposition parties all charged off with their own hubristic objectives - none of them aligned. Finally I've seen Farage do what he was always going to do - fold when enough of his support we happy that the Tories were doing their job.

Those three key stages have made it very difficult to see Johnson not getting a majority. I'm hoping against hope that it will not be there for him and will be glad to buy both yourself and SeanM a very large beer if Johnson fails, but don't order them yet.

As mentioned in another thread, my dogs pissed on the polling sign and my girls looked menacing; think they may have deterred a Tory from running our doggie/hoodie gauntlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back