advertisement

Winter election III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel its a shame that I'm hamstrung in my response.

If I posted things about Jeremy Corbyn that were a matter of record it would , as I now understand, be considered a right-wing smear, so I have to keep it zipped.
No it wouldn't. Tony has made it very clear what his views are. If you have facts then bring them to the table. JC is no saint, JC is not, erm, the other JC, that they nailed up. However you didn't bring facts, you brought some sh*t that you'd scraped up. Boris has been sacked twice for lying. Fact, undisputed. This makes him a liar. Find something similar for JC and it will stand.

I wonder if any Tory supporter can come up with even one policy of the Tories which benefits the majority of the people in the UK.

I'm not a Tory supporter, but how about a relaxation of austerity, more hospitals, more nurses - and yes the numbers are exaggerated.

Tony. It was certainly a right-wing bias piece of fun, at the expense of Jeremy Corbyn.

I do find that any piss taking of BJ is lapped up here, often I'm sure cut & pasted from left wing propaganda sites.

I understand that you find the right wing as "ugly" and that, of course, is your prerogative and opinion.

I do find the extreme left wing bias here is so out of kilter with what is happening in the county that it has, in my humble opinion, become a left wing propaganda site.

At the end of the day it's you site and your gig, but politically I don't feel its a level playing field.

PS FWIW I just checked posts here from yesterday: at 7.14pm from TheDecameron. A piece cut & pasted "via Imagflip Meme Generator". I personally don't have any problem with this post, thought I guess it might be libelous, but I'm not sure the playing field is level.
You seem to be confusing a torrent of lies with what you call ‘a left wing bias’ in calling out those lies.

If you wish to believe those lies, and go in search of websites to feed them, that’s up to you, but to claim there is some sort of discrimination against the mass of right wing lies coming out of the media and dodgy websites, and cut and paste here as a bit of ‘joshing’, is frankly, perverse.

The obvious answer is "Brexit, at least in the long term". Will it? Well, the jury's still out. I don't think so, but if we do leave then I hope it's the better move.
I’m grimly fascinated to see how it pans out. The only consolation is that I’m not starting out in a career now. The dream sold was that Britain would become a loose associate member of the EU with a sweetheart deal and none of the rules - no negative economic impact whatsoever. Europe would stop holding us back and pushing us around but we’d hang onto our discount card. I’m struggling to think of such a colossal politically directed, abrupt economic realignment. A few people are going to get very much richer from this, the rest of us will pay.

If I posted things about Jeremy Corbyn that were a matter of record it would , as I now understand, be considered a right-wing smear, so I have to keep it zipped.

I think it best if I bow out of this thread.

It's not that I don't have opinions, and would be happy to voice them, but I know it will all get very messy. Bob
Messy can be good.

I think it best if I bow out of this thread.

It's not that I don't have opinions, and would be happy to voice them, but I know it will all get very messy. Bob
I thought you were just ‘joshing’ and just quoting from a far right website for ‘a bit of fun’. Now you say you were expressing an opinion, which is it?

It’s all bullshit and lies, they are banking on the fact that the electorate are too dulled and won’t rise against them for failing to deliver their manifesto promises because they are not legally binding. The problem with populism is it’s promoting a hard-to-define fantasy, exactly a replay of Brexit’s £350m on a bus, a blatant lie that everyone has moved on from with no consequences for anyone that promoted it. You can hear the chatter inside the Tory HQ “so let’s do it again”, like ending austerity, like saving the NHS, more money every week, more nurses, everyone gets a free unicorn!

In the meantime page 48 of the Tory manifesto looms, and is not really talked about much. Betcha that’s not one of the lies.

It’s all bullshit and lies, they are banking on the fact that the electorate are too dulled and won’t rise against them for failing to deliver their manifesto promises because they are not legally binding... ending austerity, like saving the NHS, more money every week, more nurses, everyone gets a free unicorn!
I think you're right, once the demos have decided it's all lies, then the most attractive lie sells. You're right that the £350M Bus That Keeps On Giving was a turning point. It was a lie, flagged up as a lie, accepted as such and people still believed it! Once you have got away with a whopper like that then that's the wining strategy. If you get away with hacking a player down in the box and he's stretchered off, "I never touched him Ref" is the norm and you are going to do it again.

When it comes to politics it does feel very different though.

Just chill Bob and enjoy the music and related chat. That, after all, is the common interest and why we are here. I do find some of the political views interesting to observe, however, they will all have zero impact on what happens tomorrow. That’s the only opinion that really counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back