advertisement

Winter election III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious at to why my recent post has been removed.
I'm sure hardly anyone here saw it.
It was a bit of political joshing, taking the piss out of Jeremy Corbyn, to counter the left wing love-in that this site seems to have become.
Hey ho....

"Don't josh Left, must hate Right and ignore Centre" is the mantra.

About time someone started a thread "To Documeny Jeremy Corbin's Replacement"

Paddy Power has Eddie Izzard @40:1 btw. Worth a punt.

I'm curious at to why my recent post has been removed.
I'm sure hardly anyone here saw it.
It was a bit of political joshing, taking the piss out of Jeremy Corbyn, to counter the left wing love-in that this site seems to have become.
Hey ho....

This election is going to be very close, and as a life-long anti-fascist I won’t pay to host right-wing smears. It was obvious your post was a screen scrape from an ugly right-wing propaganda site (I neither know nor care which), as such it has no place on my forum. I will not pay to promote such things.

PS FWIW I delete many memes and pastes from all sides. If folk don’t have the intellect to articulate their own ideas they have no place here IMO.

This election is going to be very close, and as a life-long anti-fascist I won’t pay to host right-wing smears. It was obvious your post was a screen scrape from an ugly right-wing propaganda site, as such it has no place on my forum. I will not pay to promote such things.
Tony. It was certainly a right-wing bias piece of fun, at the expense of Jeremy Corbyn.

I do find that any piss taking of BJ is lapped up here, often I'm sure cut & pasted from left wing propaganda sites.

I understand that you find the right wing as "ugly" and that, of course, is your prerogative and opinion.

I do find the extreme left wing bias here is so out of kilter with what is happening in the county that it has, in my humble opinion, become a left wing propaganda site.

At the end of the day it's you site and your gig, but politically I don't feel its a level playing field.

PS FWIW I just checked posts here from yesterday: at 7.14pm from TheDecameron. A piece cut & pasted "via Imagflip Meme Generator". I personally don't have any problem with this post, thought I guess it might be libelous, but I'm not sure the playing field is level.

I do find the extreme left wing bias here is so out of kilter with what is happening in the county that it has, in my humble opinion, become a left wing propaganda site.

From the BBC website (as posted earlier)

• for the Conservatives, it said that 88% (5,952) of the party's most widely promoted ads either featured claims which had been flagged by independent fact-checking organisations (including BBC Reality Check) as not correct or not entirely correct. The figure includes instances of the same claims being made across multiple posts. One example was that Labour would spend £1.2 trillion at a cost of £2,400 to every household, which was contained within 4,028 ads. Those sums are significantly higher than others' analysis of Labour's plans
  • for the Lib Dems, it said hundreds of potentially misleading ads had featured identical unlabelled graphs, with no indication of the source data, to claim it was the only party that could beat either Labour, the Conservatives or the SNP "in seats like yours"
  • for Labour, it said that it could not find any misleading claims in ads run over the period
However, Labour's supporters have been more likely to share unpaid-for electioneering posts than supporters of other parties.

And among the most interacted-with posts of the campaign was Jeremy Corbyn's tweet containing the disputed figure of £500m in relation to the NHS.

At the end of the day it's you site and your gig, but politically I don't feel its a level playing field.

It isn’t a level playing field! I view Johnson as the most dangerous vacuous hard-right popularist this side of Trump or Putin. He is basically borderline fascist. I will therefore make a stand just as every other muso or record shop owner I know is doing. When I worked in a high st record shop had the NF come in asking to hang a poster I’d have told them to get out of the shop. Now Johnson has purged all moderates from the party and even the likes of John Major and Michael Hestletine are asking folk to vote against it I have no problem dealing with Conservatives in the same way. This is simply not the party it was twenty years ago and can’t be treated with the same tolerance.

It isn’t a level playing field! I view Johnson as the most dangerous vacuous hard-right popularist this side of Trump or Putin. He is basically borderline fascist, I will therefore make a stand just as every other muso or record shop owner I know is doing. When I worked in a high st record shop had the NF come in asking to hang a poster I’d have told them to get out of the shop. Now Johnson has purged all moderates from the party and even the likes of John Major and Michael Hestletine are asking folk to vote against Johnson I have no problem dealing with Conservatives in the same way. This is simply not the party it was twenty years ago and can’t be treated with the same tolerance.

Tony. Now you have made your feelings crystal clear it all makes sense.

I was under the misunderstanding that the political debates here were a broad church and all views, within usual legal boundaries, were welcome.

I now understand that this is not the case.

We do though have some cross-over in our non-political venn diagrams. I too worked in a high street record shop and, of course, play bass. Bob

I was under the misunderstanding that the political debates here were a broad church and all views, within usual legal boundaries, were welcome.

pfm has always had zero tolerance for fascism, racism etc. That has been moderated hard right from the very start. I will always host well articulated and reasoned political discussion, but now the Conservative Party has purged its own brain and moral compass it veers far too close to the UKIP/EDL crap I delete on sight. You must admit your post was at a level that deserved deletion. It was not intelligent, well reasoned, or even your own!

This election is going to be very close.
I don't think so. My money says Con with 10 seat majority overall. The bookies spend more time thinking about this than I do, it really IS their money on the line, and they say Con maj, 25 seats. I don't call either of those results very close. What we have now, no majority, is very close.
I think Labour is going to get murdered in the heartlands of Barnsley, Oldham, Rochdale, etc. When places like Grimsby are saying "Corbyn's gone too far, he wants to nationalise everything, Boris has some good ideas" then we are doomed. Brace yourselves, it's going to be a bumpy ride. The poor are in for a really, really bad time. Best of all, they will have voted for it. "We've been given a mandate". I think that they will, and I think it's going to get very ugly very quickly.

pfm has always had zero tolerance for fascism, racism etc. That has been moderated hard right from the very start. I will always host well articulated and reasoned political discussion, but now the Conservative Party has purged its own brain and moral compass it veers far too close to the UKIP/EDL crap I delete on sight. You must admit your post was at a level that deserved deletion. It was not intelligent, well reasoned, or even your own!
Tony. I have always known that there is, quite rightly, zero tolerance for fascism and racism here.

It does concern me that any support of The Conservatives or Boris Johnson now, at least, appears to be considered a post promoting fascism & racism, therefore infringing your 'site rules'.

My post that was deleted was, in all honesty, just a reaction to the left wing bias that is here. Of course it wasn't my own, but the reasoning of posting it was just to make my point.

I do sit to the right of the political fence, but only just. I do feel that any political opinion voiced here that is not to the left of that fence is now, sadly in my opinion, not welcome.

I just took a look- there are 104,000 threads listed on pfm of which a tiny fraction are politically orientated. The range of topics is enormous- something for everyone, so to characterise the forum as an extreme left wing propaganda site is something of a leap. pfm isn’t extreme anything. If you want to see truly extreme political and social views, you needn’t look any further than the comments sections of the Mail Online or Twitter for example. As for Boris Johnson, his behaviour is a matter of record, as are his statements and lie telling.

I wonder if any Tory supporter can come up with even one policy of the Tories which benefits the majority of the people in the UK.
The obvious answer is "Brexit, at least in the long term". Will it? Well, the jury's still out. I don't think so, but if we do leave then I hope it's the better move.

Tony. I have always known that there is, quite rightly, zero tolerance for fascism and racism here.

It does concern me that any support of The Conservatives or Boris Johnson now, at least, appears to be considered a post promoting fascism & racism, therefore infringing your 'site rules'.

My post that was deleted was, in all honesty, just a reaction to the left wing bias that is here. Of course it wasn't my own, but the reasoning of posting it was just to make my point.

I do sit to the right of the political fence, but only just. I do feel that any political opinion voiced here that is not to the left of that fence is now, sadly in my opinion, not welcome.

To be honest I think the mistake you are making is failing to realise that Tony pays for the site and therefore has the right to choose what content he allows on his site. You may not agree with his decision, but it is his decision to make!

If you want to post pro Tory propaganda there are plenty of cheap hosting deals available for you to be able to start your own site.

I just took a look- there are 104,000 threads listed on pfm of which a tiny fraction are politically orientated. The range of topics is enormous- something for everyone, so to characterise the forum as an extreme left wing propaganda site is something of a leap. pfm isn’t extreme anything. If you want to see truly extreme political and social views, you needn’t look any further than the comments sections of the Mail Online or Twitter for example. As for Boris Johnson, his behaviour is a matter of record, as are his statements and lie telling.

I feel its a shame that I'm hamstrung in my response.

If I posted things about Jeremy Corbyn that were a matter of record it would , as I now understand, be considered a right-wing smear, so I have to keep it zipped.

I think it best if I bow out of this thread.

It's not that I don't have opinions, and would be happy to voice them, but I know it will all get very messy. Bob

To be honest I think the mistake you are making is failing to realise that Tony pays for the site and therefore has the right to choose what content he allows on his site. You may not agree with his decision, but it is his decision to make!

If you want to post pro Tory propaganda there are plenty of cheap hosting deals available for you to be able to start your own site.

Of course I never forget that Tony pays for this site.

I also have enjoyed the differences of opinion over myriad subjects over many years.

When it comes to politics it does feel very different though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back