advertisement

why Corbyn may well win the next election.

Trabants all round. Class distinction by motor vehicle and the tyranny of choice abolished in one fell swoop. A win-win situation.

I can't remember whether free university fees are still on the table or not ...

150x88_gam.jpg

... and now we have free child care as well.

Grandad, grandad you're stingy
That's what we all think of you
Grandad, grandad you're unkind
That's what we all think of you

Grandad grandad ...

What would you consider a biggish wedge? 50K +
Are the income and outgoings of those with a biggish wedge to be considered? No
Should me and my wife get VW beetles instead of our cars of choice? Who cares? But if it a choice between that and having homeless people on the streets yes.
How many and how much should we pay for our holidays? Who cares, why are you entitled to one?
Is £100 for a new vinyl box set greedy.Yes and we are all weak.

Oh, and our unearned income on our property should also be heavily taxed on our death.
Is the 50k a figure for all of the UK?
If I have a house that cost more because of size or location why is that not to be considered?
How would buying a cheaper car help homeless?
I’m not entitled to a holiday but having the choice and ability to go on one is a freedom I enjoy, would you rather people didn’t have holidays?
Why wait till death to get at unearned income? As soon as you are mortgage free tax people on the value of their house?

Thankfully this is all on a forum and won’t become reality.

I suppose they could borrow a bit from the NHS budget, and other essential services. I can't remember whether free university fees are still on the table or not, and now we have free child care as well.

Cheer up you miserable Tory. Have a pogo to the Bristol punk band Idles. This is a song sparked off by Danny Nedelko, the Ukrainian immigrant frontman of the Bristol outfit Heavy Lungs.

If you wanna sing along the lyrics are below:

My blood brother is Matala
A Polish butcher, he's Mo Farah

[Pre-Chorus]
He's made of bones, he's made of blood
He's made of flesh, he's made of love
He's made of you, he's made of me
Unity!

[Chorus]
Fear leads to panic, panic leads to pain
Pain leads to anger, anger leads to hate
Yeah, yeah,Hey, ey, ey, ey
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Hey, ey, ey, ey
Danny Nedelko

Jack

... but what does it all mean ?

at least JC has put a much clearer view on Labours Brexit position which should win him more votes from everyone.

Bravo!

“ .. may well be why Corbyn will win the next general election “ if anyone has forgotten the title of the thread!

Last edited:
Cheer up you miserable Tory. Have a pogo to the Bristol punk band Idles. This is a song sparked off by Danny Nedelko, the Ukrainian immigrant frontman of the Bristol outfit Heavy Lungs.

If you wanna sing along the lyrics are below:

A welcome relief from 7 nation army, for sure.

I couldn't find the Jo Cox thread. However this afternoon Corbyn will go to a square in Brussels, which well be named after the murdered Labour MP. http://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-27/brussels-to-name-square-after-murdered-mp-jo-cox/

"A square in the centre of Brussels will be named in honour of of the late MP Jo Cox," reports ITV.

"Cox's relatives will be joined by Jeremy Corbyn at the official inauguration of Place Jo Cox in the Belgian capital on Thursday afternoon.

"The city decided to rename the square near the town hall in honour of the former Labour Batley and Spen MP in a bid to have more streets and public places named after women.

"The mother-of-two, who was killed by neo-Nazi terrorist Thomas Mair in 2016, is said to have frequented the Ancienne Belgique concert hall which backs onto the square when she worked in Belgium before being elected to Parliament in 2015."

Has the British government or London done anything like this? Perhaps Batley have.

Jack

I couldn't find the Jo Cox thread. However this afternoon Corbyn will go to a square in Brussels, which well be named after the murdered Labour MP. http://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-27/brussels-to-name-square-after-murdered-mp-jo-cox/

"A square in the centre of Brussels will be named in honour of of the late MP Jo Cox," reports ITV.

"Cox's relatives will be joined by Jeremy Corbyn at the official inauguration of Place Jo Cox in the Belgian capital on Thursday afternoon.

"The city decided to rename the square near the town hall in honour of the former Labour Batley and Spen MP in a bid to have more streets and public places named after women.

"The mother-of-two, who was killed by neo-Nazi terrorist Thomas Mair in 2016, is said to have frequented the Ancienne Belgique concert hall which backs onto the square when she worked in Belgium before being elected to Parliament in 2015."

Has the British government or London done anything like this? Perhaps Batley have.

Jack

Very virtuous of him, and of the Belgians.

Since 2004 89 people have been killed in attacks by Islamic terrorists in the UK, and 938 injured, many of them terribly. In the same period France has had 253 people killed and 941 injured by Islamists. Since 2012 Belgium itself has had 38 people killed and 306 injured by Islamists. In the last 14 years, as far as I can establish, 3 people have been killed (of whom Jo Cox was one) and a handful injured by right-wing, white supremacist or nazi affiliated terrorists in all three countries.

Many of the people killed in the attacks were women and children. Amongst the youngest was an 8 year old schoolgirl who was attending the Grande concert in Manchester.

I trust Brussels has got lots of squares that could do with renaming, and that the Corbyns of the world have plenty of time on their hands.

The Jo Cox murder was ugly and horrific. But is it just me, or is there a lack of balance in the narrative around it from the left? There is a vague sniff of it being co-opted to promote the narrative of Brexit as an entirely xenophobic act - Thomas Mair was a single person amongst 17.3 million, indeed amongst 80 million - and now the virtuousness of the EU, and of Jeremy Corbyn. In the meantime the liberal left barely acknowledges Islamic terrorism.

Very virtuous of him, and of the Belgians.

Since 2004 89 people have been killed in attacks by Islamic terrorists in the UK, and 938 injured, many of them terribly. In the same period France has had 253 people killed and 941 injured by Islamists. Since 2012 Belgium itself has had 38 people killed and 306 injured by Islamists. In the last 14 years, as far as I can establish, 3 people have been killed (of whom Jo Cox was one) and a handful injured by right-wing, white supremacist or nazi affiliated terrorists in all three countries.

Many of the people killed in the attacks were women and children. Amongst the youngest was an 8 year old schoolgirl who was attending the Grande concert in Manchester.

I trust Brussels has got lots of squares that could do with renaming, and that the Corbyns of the world have plenty of time on their hands.

The Jo Cox murder was ugly and horrific. But is it just me, or is there a lack of balance in the narrative around it from the left? There is a vague sniff of it being co-opted to promote the narrative of Brexit as an entirely xenophobic act - Thomas Mair was a single person amongst 17.3 million - and now the virtuousness of the EU, and of Jeremy Corbyn. In the meantime the liberal left barely acknowledges Islamic terrorism.
Weird post. You forgot the Breivik murders, although it seems you had lots of stats for for other incidents to hand. Why? It's almost like there's a lack of balance in the narrative about terrorism in Europe.

Weird post. You forgot the Breivik murders, although it seems you had lots of stats for for other incidents to hand. Why? It's almost like there's a lack of balance in the narrative about terrorism in Europe.

Strictly he excluded them by limiting to just three countries, but I agree the comparison is pointless. The only real difference between hard line Islamic terrorist and White Supremacist belief is whom they consider "Superior"...

Also Jo Cox was a Labour MP. You can bet Corbyn would have been slated if he hadn’t attended.

Plus the usual shite about the left not giving a damn about terrorism.

advertisement

Back