advertisement

why Corbyn may well win the next election.

It reminded me of the Election night, when it became obvious that this was not going to be the expected tory walkover. And for that night and a week or so later, they, the BBC, changed their tone, an obvious brown trouser moment re past performance and the possibility of future accounting for their actions.
Corbyn's performance and reception made me think the incontinence pants might be out again, and with reason.
No coughing fit, no comedy routine of letters falling off, genuine appreciation from his audience.
Statesmanlike.
As for May, I wonder if she'll pull any more comedy gold out the bag this year?

Statesmanlike indeed. He's Prime Minister in waiting and he won't have to wait very long.

May's arrogance, belligerence and general vileness increases by the day but I don't think even she can top last year's cringeworthy debacle. But boy oh boy is their going to be some unpleasantness at this year's Nasty Party gathering.

It's been a brilliant conference. The Labour Party is full of confidence and fizzing with ideas. A government in waiting, for sure.

In contrast, the Conservative Party looks like a bunch of sad old losers. It is intellectually and morally bankrupt.

kan on the street May
It's been a brilliant conference. The Labour Party is full of confidence and fizzing with ideas. A government in waiting, for sure.

In contrast, the Conservative Party looks like a bunch of sad old losers. It is intellectually and morally bankrupt.
I hope not a government in waiting! As a small business owner I’m worried by both the threat of stealth taxes and the call for a general strike.

kan on the street May

I hope not a government in waiting! As a small business owner I’m worried by both the threat of stealth taxes and the call for a general strike.
In all seriousness, I think Labour should shout more about what it can offer small businesses. The Conservatives seem to have neglected small businesses for a long time and now largely serve the interests of large corporations. So, in theory, there are votes to be won for Labour. Here's the relevant section of Labour's 2017 election manifesto:

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/creating-economy-works/

Try searching on the word "small" and let me know what you think.

Corbyn's speech at the Conference was for the most part uplifting and moving. He has grown a lot as leader. However I still don't trust him to implement a People's Vote with a Remain option if it is neeed.

Jack

kan on the street May

As a small business owner myself the only thing that could be worse than the shower of economically inept bell-ends currently in power would be extreme-right tax-fiddling millionaire oligarch elites such as Rees-Mogg, Johnson etc and their fraudulent Brexit scam crashing the UK into a sure-fire recession/depression. Corbyn looks like a breath of fresh air compared to those liars, cheats and con-artists and the vile racists and propagandists such as Steve Bannon, Dacre etc standing directly behind them. Utter scum the lot of them.

My worry is that a JC Momentum government would start small and then start a proper full on assault on the OK well off!

Why should a government FORCE me to give away equity in my company that I have built over 15 years.
Are they happy to take over the guarantee on bank facilities?

My worry is that a JC Momentum government would start small and then start a proper full on assault on the OK well off!

Why should a government FORCE me to give away equity in my company that I have built over 15 years.
You have 250 employees?!

You have 250 employees?!
Might do.......
JC may decide it’s not employee numbers but owners salaries that is the trigger.
I don’t trust his “we’re coming after you” rhetoric, not what I want from a government.
I took a huge risk starting my own company, no one helped me.

Only over 250 employees. Larger companies simply won’t hire employees any more. Everyone will be contractors. Of course, they will have no job security, pension, holidays, sick pay etc. Sounds a genius idea.

Your worry is exactly what I hope will happen. People in this very wealthy country should not be sleeping on the street. We need tp look after all the people here and, yes it will cost those of us lucky enough to be on a biggish wedge. Tough shit, move to Europe if you don't like it.

advertisement

Back