advertisement

why Corbyn may well win the next election.

McDonnell has introduced some much needed pragmatism to the tax cut issue, if he extends it to Labour's Brexit postion they might even secure enough votes to win.

Nicola Sturgeon called it "shameful" and Liz Truss said that "there was space for Mr McDonnell on the Tory frontbench". I expect they were referring to McDonnell's validation of tax cuts for the better off. I'm sure Momentum members will be as baffled as I am at the apparent hypocrisy.

So, a totally useless Tory and a Crankies lookalike make dumb comments in a typical attempt to make capital and you think it's a big deal. That's because YOU also do the same thing because of your hatred and fear of left wing Labour.

I know many Momentum members and am one myself. Nobody thinks anything about McDonnels comments other than what has been explained to you previously. Labour Party members are confident that the Labour government (coming soon folks) will have the interests of the low paid at the very centre of all of their policies.

So, a totally useless Tory and a Crankies lookalike make dumb comments in a typical attempt to make capital and you think it's a big deal. That's because YOU also do the same thing because of your hatred and fear of left wing Labour.

I know many Momentum members and am one myself. Nobody thinks anything about McDonnels comments other than what has been explained to you previously. Labour Party members are confident that the Labour government (coming soon folks) will have the interests of the low paid at the very centre of all of their policies.
Crankie look alike not afraid to tax higher earners shock -

"The 2018-19 Scottish budget will ensure that 7 out of 10 income taxpayers in Scotland pay less tax next year, including everyone earning less than £33,000. And most Scots will pay less tax than if they lived in rest of the UK."

https://www.snp.org/policies/pb-how-will-the-changes-to-scottish-income-tax-affect-me/

Crankie look alike not afraid to tax higher earners shock -

"The 2018-19 Scottish budget will ensure that 7 out of 10 income taxpayers in Scotland pay less tax next year, including everyone earning less than £33,000. And most Scots will pay less tax than if they lived in rest of the UK."

https://www.snp.org/policies/pb-how-will-the-changes-to-scottish-income-tax-affect-me/

Hey, I like her. I think she's good. I also have a lot of time for the SNP. But it doesn't take away from my point that it was political points scoring.

Oh dear, hit a raw nerve have I? The 2017 manifesto did not say they would cut tax rates for the middle classes, so you are talking rubbish.

I'm disappointed you cannot keep the discussion on a reasonable level, but it looks your posturing has run out of steam. Nobody in politics is above criticism not even Saint Jeremy and his cohorts.

Hey, I like her. I think she's good. I also have a lot of time for the SNP. But it doesn't take away from my point that it was political points scoring.
The First Minister said the Tory "mask has well and truly slipped" in this week's Budget and proved the UK Government stands for "tax cuts for the wealthiest and cuts for everyone else."

Should the SNP leader actually agree with a Tory policy for the sake of not scoring political points? That would be an odd position for a (dare I say it) proper Opposition party leader. :)

....Nobody in politics is above criticism......

Surely not.....

45679447871_a8b3e11ca1.jpg

Oh dear, hit a raw nerve have I? The 2017 manifesto did not say they would cut tax rates for the middle classes, so you are talking rubbish.

I'm disappointed you cannot keep the discussion on a reasonable level, but it looks your posturing has run out of steam. Nobody in politics is above criticism not even Saint Jeremy and his cohorts.
Come off it gassor. By the time Labour get in the rates will already have been cut, meaning that Labour would have to hike them. The manifesto targeted those earning over £80,000. Now they'd be targeting those earning over £50,000. And the Conservative would be able to say, "You see? They said 80 grand but they didn't mean it. Who's next?"

This is obvious, as is the self-interested nature of this play by Kendall, McGovern, Cooper et al. They've always fought for the poor, haven't they? Even if it meant pissing off the middle classes! Whereas McDonnell, he's mister floating voter isn't he? Never given a toss about the low paid.

And today's shock BBC Lunchtime News Headline is..

Global Warming is Happening!

No Shit Sherlock...

Wonder if there is any political activity today..?

Hold on.. Anti Semitism has made it to the No.2 spot...

This is obvious, as is the self-interested nature of this play by Kendall, McGovern, Cooper et al. They've always fought for the poor, haven't they? Even if it meant pissing off the middle classes! Whereas McDonnell, he's mister floating voter isn't he? Never given a toss about the low paid.

Stella Creasy? Lisa Nandy? Really?

Come off it gassor. By the time Labour get in the rates will already have been cut, meaning that Labour would have to hike them. The manifesto targeted those earning over £80,000. Now they'd be targeting those earning over £50,000. And the Conservative would be able to say, "You see? They said 80 grand but they didn't mean it. Who's next?"

Can we look just at the issue itself? McDonnell said the tax cuts would stimulate the economy. He didn't have to praise the cuts, he could have said it's the poor who need tax cuts, not the well off. That is the crux, Labour not being consistent. Consistency would have meant voting against the government on the budget tax cuts, but they abstained. Why didn't they challenge the government instead of putting themselves in a position where people can say they want to tax the well-off more, but they also think giving them tax cuts is a good idea, what a shambles.

Not only are Labour being attacked by the SNP, but Scottish Labour put out a statement asking the Scottish Government to do the exact opposite of what the Labour frontbench wants to do on tax.

If only Liz Kendall had won the leadership contest. Labour would be twenty (exactly twenty) points ahead in the polls now.

£80,000 ? Must be a coincidence that MPs salary is £77,379...

advertisement

Back