advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Candy Apple Red?

yes indeed..it's a 1980 "The Strat" Fender Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red, with gold hardware...a stunning guitar, which I set up and it played beautifully..I think it sold for somewhere in the region of £550.00..which was quite a lot of money for a guitar in 1981...the guitar is probably 6 times that price today...My wages at the time was £33.00 per week take home..If I'd been able to purchase this particular guitar, I would never, have parted with it..

yes indeed..it's a 1980 "The Strat" Fender Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red, with gold hardware...a stunning guitar, which I set up and it played beautifully..I think it sold for somewhere in the region of £550.00..which was quite a lot of money for a guitar in 1981...the guitar is probably 6 times that price today...My wages at the time was £33.00 per week take home..If I'd been able to purchase this particular guitar, I would never, have parted with it..

This guy had one just like it:

big_lennon-with-red-strat-1974.jpg

A thing of great beauty, capable of bringing (in the right hands) musical joy to many...and some slightly overweight, balding git with dreadful dress sense...

Selfie by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Richard

Could you do a short youtube video of you playing , I stll regret the time you were booked to play at Salford and due to a change by managment it did not happen :(

Richard

Could you do a short youtube video of you playing , I stll regret the time you were booked to play at Salford and due to a change by management it did not happen :(

Thanks for the kind word Allan - ordinarily I'd be happy to do a sound clip but I'm so out of practice my playing's gone slightly 'off' shall we say. In fact it's bloody terrible. :D

I was just a bit p*ssed off at Scalford. I'd prepared a set of 20 mins or so of varied programme and got a time slot which fitted in with what was going on. 5 mins before I was due to start, it was decided to sound the dinner gong and everyone cleared off for their evening meal.

Thanks for the kind word Allan - ordinarily I'd be happy to do a sound clip but I'm so out of practice my playing's gone slightly 'off' shall we say. In fact it's bloody terrible. :D

I was just a bit p*ssed off at Scalford. I'd prepared a set of 20 mins or so of varied programme and got a time slot which fitted in with what was going on. 5 mins before I was due to start, it was decided to sound the dinner gong and everyone cleared off for their evening meal.

OK it's not to be :(

Also not exactly selfies...a friend is learning about portrait / lighting etc in her studio so and Mrs 123 and I were her models for a couple of hours. I did the processing - ended up OK and she learnt quite a lot.

Ian_1 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

Jeannine_1 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

Two smashing portraits, but I much prefer the lighting on Mrs.123..., the red hair is stunning..and if you don't mind me saying a very attractive lady....It's quite a dated pose, but in my opinion still one of the very best for a portrait...nice images...

advertisement

Back