advertisement

Which party will you vote for at the General Election? ( Anonymous).

How will you vote in the General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Labour

Votes: 93 38.8%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 23 9.6%
  • Green

Votes: 45 18.8%
  • Reform

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Scottish /Welsh National /Sinn Fein

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Will not be voting

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • Tactically

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
I don’t agree with that specific policy (at least the £50k level), but we stand a far better chance of having climate change discussed in parliament or getting the shit out of our rivers and coastlines if there are some Green voices in the house speaking truth to power. As such they are worth a vote. They will argue for democracy too.
I agreen.

I dislike nationalism. All nationalism. Anywhere.

Agreed, though one could easily argue progressive-left independents such as the SNP and PC who seek to distance themselves from the far-right nationalism and isolationism of Tory/Farage Little England, its monarchy and archaic customs and rejoin the far larger multi-national block that is the EU is actually the anti-nationalist position.

Agreed, though one could easily argue progressive-left independents such as the SNP and PC who seek to distance themselves from the far-right nationalism and isolationism of Tory/Farage Little England, its monarchy and archaic customs and rejoin the far larger multi-national block that is the EU is actually the anti-nationalist position.
Plaid, yes but not the SNP.

When watching TV debates the last few weeks it's become clear there is a big difference between Plaid and the SNP. Rhun ap Iorwerth comes across very well, is realistic about Wales and the UK and doesn't seem to hate the English whereas Stephen Flynn ( regularly on tv ) comes across as a fanatic with a major dislike of the English. He's a bit like Sunak in being rude by interrupting and shouting people down. It's bullying behaviour and the SNP as a party has been revealed as liking a bit of trough feeding.

I can see why someone would support Plaid given the maturity, intelligence of people in their party and Wales's shit treatment by the tories. Not so the SNP. These 2 parties are not the same by any stretch.

In fairness Reform voters will love that.

PS I see the billionaire owner of some sportsball team or other has outed himself as a fascist too.

Yip 91year old and former owner of Newcastle united.

The irony isn't lost on me at any rate.

Another racist pensioner from Brexit Central. Theyre coming out of the woodwork now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gejn3gkl4o

Sir John told the Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS), external he was "white and proud of it" and was backing the party because he did not want to see his country's culture "destroyed".

The 91-year-old said it was the "only party who will protect and save my English culture".

He said: "I'm white, I am proud of it and I am not going to go away from it.

"I want to see my culture kept in this country and not destroyed.

Another racist pensioner from Brexit Central. Theyre coming out of the woodwork now.

Sir John told the Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS), external he was "white and proud of it" and was backing the party because he did not want to see his country's culture "destroyed".

The 91-year-old said it was the "only party who will protect and save my English culture".

Culture as in bacillus.

Quite depressing knowing that these people live amongst us. That old guy actually owned Newcastle United FC and I'm not naive enough to think that even there, in the county of the Jarrow marchers, that racism isn't endemic but there's something terribly sad about this situation with that old sh!t.

This country, and I include every country in the UK, has always had it's fair share of Nazis despite the facade of respectability and fair play in the countries as a whole but these last eight years have brought the b@stards out from under the rocks they've lived under for 95 years but then again members of the royal family have never been shy in hiding their Nazi sympathies.

If I was younger I'd go and live somewhere else not quite as racist or Nazi but exactly where is the question?

When I joined the Civil Service workforce in the early 80s some of my colleagues openly and comfortably made racist and homophobic statements . That included many women refusing to work with two other women who had left their husbands to live together.

Over the following 10 years it became clear that, even under a Tory government, display of those views was unacceptable and career threatening.

The working environment was thus transformed under threat, not by a change of hearts or minds. I was never in any doubt that, whilst there was no other way, the seeming change of my generation's views was fragile and, for the racist and homophobic minority, unlikely to survive the removal of threats.

Quite depressing knowing that these people live amongst us. That old guy actually owned Newcastle United FC and I'm not naive enough to think that even there, in the county of the Jarrow marchers, that racism isn't endemic but there's something terribly sad about this situation with that old sh!t.

This country, and I include every country in the UK, has always had it's fair share of Nazis despite the facade of respectability and fair play in the countries as a whole but these last eight years have brought the b@stards out from under the rocks they've lived under for 95 years but then again members of the royal family have never been shy in hiding their Nazi sympathies.

If I was younger I'd go and live somewhere else not quite as racist or Nazi but exactly where is the question?
I'm hoping to move to France as the spouse of an EU/UK citizen. The news is depressing with RN likely to garner an outright majority. The far right ruin everything. News from the US - Biden did not fare well in the head to head with Trump. Future prospects were already bleak with climate heating. Reasons to be cheerful? Mme difficult.
EDIT
I've been listening to the Trump - Biden debate as I decorate and my impressions are that Biden talked good sense on every subject and Trump talks like a child, uses endless superlatives, lies, goes off on a tangent and I’m, left wondering why any intelligent person would trust Trump in a position of authority.

Last edited:
tory vote slowly climbing. 7 now.

Really staggering given the last 14 years of destruction and the promise of more should they get another 5 years.

Would like to know why people vote for such an awful regime. Have they improved the UK in even a single area since lying their way to govt in 2010?

advertisement

Back