advertisement

Which party will you vote for at the General Election? ( Anonymous).

How will you vote in the General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 94 38.5%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Green

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Reform

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • Scottish /Welsh National /Sinn Fein

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Will not be voting

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • Tactically

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters
Yeah probably, I haven't been on that forum for a long time.

It's like an alternate reality where people who believe science are blind sheep, and the enlightened free thinkers understand the real truth lies in the meme.

I will vote Labour as I always have done. The best candidate in my own area is a Labour candidate and I care what happens here. I know there are those that hate Starmer and his impact on the left of the Party but I never really admired many on the left so it’s not a hard decision for me really. I live in hope that Labour find a way forward out of this world we currently live in. The total demolition of the current government will be icing on the cake really.

When I joined the Civil Service workforce in the early 80s some of my colleagues openly and comfortably made racist and homophobic statements . That included many women refusing to work with two other women who had left their husbands to live together.

Over the following 10 years it became clear that, even under a Tory government, display of those views was unacceptable and career threatening.

The working environment was thus transformed under threat, not by a change of hearts or minds. I was never in any doubt that, whilst there was no other way, the seeming change of my generation's views was fragile and, for the racist and homophobic minority, unlikely to survive the removal of threats.
That's the way that you change culture in a workplace. It's the first step. You have to start with authoritarian control and follow it with education. If you try it the other way the behaviour doesn't change, at least not for years, read decades.
The same was done for drink driving and now speeding in cars. Same modus operandi.

And that’s possibly the best we can hope for at this time.
Conservatism led by Starmer is still conservatism. It is still more privatisation, more austerity, increasing inequality and the further erosion of the NHS.

Who’s in charge of conservatism is not the problem, the cause of the problem is conservatism.

It's an airgun forum. @Fatmarley knows it.

Lots of trans hate, Trump fans, climate change deniers, EV haters, covid conspiracy theorists etc.

There's a section that lists banned members, and the reason why they were banned. Just had a look and I think you have to be a member to see it, but my ban was for waffling on, and not posting enough in airgun room. In my very short time there, I'd started about 4 threads in that room, so it wasn't true at all.
The real truth was they didn't like me quoting facts and linking to them. The right can't stand facts and graphs that prove a point, they just make out it's fake news.

Conservatism led by Starmer is still conservatism. It is still more privatisation, more austerity, increasing inequality and the further erosion of the NHS.

Who’s in charge of conservatism is not the problem, the cause of the problem is conservatism.
I know that. But, as I said, the best we can hope for at this time.

advertisement

Back