advertisement

Which party will you vote for at the General Election? ( Anonymous).

How will you vote in the General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Labour

Votes: 77 37.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • Green

Votes: 38 18.6%
  • Reform

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Scottish /Welsh National /Sinn Fein

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Will not be voting

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Tactically

Votes: 20 9.8%

• Total voters
I’ll be ready for election night and I will be celebrating when the tories are destroyed, if the local Tory loses his seat here I will be straight onto a glass.

Anyway, to expand on an earlier post, I too would like to know thoughts on which party is the best to vote for in Tewkesbury that will help remove the tory who has been the MP since 1997. I don’t believe it is the greens from 4.6% share last time without a swing I doubt has ever been seen before. My worry is a vote split among Labour, green and LibDem that allows the tory to continue.

I like a lot of what I hear from the greens and have issues with quite a bit of what Labour is saying, however, for me green is the vote if we had a PR system but not under FPTP if the idea is to remove the tories.

I’ve had 1 leaflet from the tory, 3 from LibDems and 1 from reform. Nothing from anyone else. Lots of LibDem banners and 1 tory A4 sheet stuck in someone’s window. No others spotted.

I posted links earlier but here are the numbers per GE since 2010.

NamePartyVoteVote share
ROBERTSON, LaurenceCon35,72858.4%
HEGENBARTH, AlexLD13,31821.8%
CHAPLIN, LaraLab9,31015.2%
CODY, CateGreen2,7844.6%

NamePartyVoteVote share
ROBERTSON, LaurenceCon35,44860.0%
KANG, ManjinderLab12,87421.8%
CLUCAS, CaitLD7,98113.5%
CODY, CateGreen1,5762.7%
COLLINS, SimonUKIP1,2052.0%

NamePartyVoteVote share
ROBERTSON, LaurenceCon30,17654.5%
BUXTON, EdLab8,20414.8%
CAMERON, AlistairLD7,62913.8%
ADAIR, StuartUKIP7,12812.9%
CLARKE, JemmaGreen2,2074.0%

NamePartyVoteVote share
ROBERTSON, LaurenceCon25,47247.2%
CAMERON, AlistairLD19,16235.5%
EMMERSON, StuartLab6,25311.6%
JONES, BrianUKIP2,2304.1%
SIDFORD, MatthewGreen5251.0%
RIDGEON, GeorgeMRLP3190.6%

I’ll be ready for election night and I will be celebrating when the tories are destroyed, if the local Tory loses his seat here I will be straight onto a glass.

Anyway, to expand on an earlier post, I too would like to know thoughts on which party is the best to vote for in Tewkesbury that will help remove the tory who has been the MP since 1997. I don’t believe it is the greens from 4.6% share last time without a swing I doubt has ever been seen before. My worry is a vote split among Labour, green and LibDem that allows the tory to continue.

I like a lot of what I hear from the greens and have issues with quite a bit of what Labour is saying, however, for me green is the vote if we had a PR system but not under FPTP if the idea is to remove the tories.

I’ve had 1 leaflet from the tory, 3 from LibDems and 1 from reform. Nothing from anyone else. Lots of LibDem banners and 1 tory A4 sheet stuck in someone’s window. No others spotted.

I posted links earlier but here are the numbers per GE since 2010.

NamePartyVoteVote share
ROBERTSON, LaurenceCon35,72858.4%
HEGENBARTH, AlexLD13,31821.8%
CHAPLIN, LaraLab9,31015.2%
CODY, CateGreen2,7844.6%

NamePartyVoteVote share
ROBERTSON, LaurenceCon35,44860.0%
KANG, ManjinderLab12,87421.8%
CLUCAS, CaitLD7,98113.5%
CODY, CateGreen1,5762.7%
COLLINS, SimonUKIP1,2052.0%

NamePartyVoteVote share
ROBERTSON, LaurenceCon30,17654.5%
BUXTON, EdLab8,20414.8%
CAMERON, AlistairLD7,62913.8%
ADAIR, StuartUKIP7,12812.9%
CLARKE, JemmaGreen2,2074.0%

NamePartyVoteVote share
ROBERTSON, LaurenceCon25,47247.2%
CAMERON, AlistairLD19,16235.5%
EMMERSON, StuartLab6,25311.6%
JONES, BrianUKIP2,2304.1%
SIDFORD, MatthewGreen5251.0%
RIDGEON, GeorgeMRLP3190.6%

The clue will be in who's doing the most campaigning. If the LDs are much more visible than Labour, that tells you what the parties think and that becomes at least partially self-fulfilling because campaigning does make a difference come polling day. Also, what type of seat is it? Largely rural and south of England means probably LD over Labour and you can see that bias in the data you posted - the LD highs are higher than the Labour highs. If that were my seat, I would be in no doubt.

I have quite extreme views about what should happen to the Conservative Party. Watching them lose a lot of seats isn't really going to cut it.

I want to see them charged, tried and sued into oblivion. Both as an entity and the individual grifters who have been stealing money from the state or accepting bungs for access, peerages etc. They are lower than the worst local drug gangs IMHO.

I realise this will not happen via a cowardly complicit Labour government. It will require independent journalism and crowd-funding.

We need proper unbiased and adult discourse in the UK - have been outside the UK for about 50% of the last 3 years - been outside looking in.

Ed Davey has been the MP round here for ages (it would have been a 27 year straight run except for two-years with a Conservative from 2015) but hardly a day goes by without there being something through the door from the Lib Dems, and nothing from the other parties. The tactical vote is LD, to avoid getting a Tory by accident, but in the absence of a functioning Labour party, the "heart" would be with Green.

Incidentally, for additional election night entertainment, will anyone be playing Tory Election Wipeout Bingo?

I agree, but that doesn’t make the punishment any less important. We need to get as many of these vile thieving grifters out of public office. I’d love to see them pushed behind either the LDs or SNP on the benches. Just destroy them the way they have this country.
I’d like one of Starmer’s first actions in government to be to set up Leveson2. It could do its work and report in the first half of the Parliament and action taken on the findings in time to bed in before the next election. It’s about the only useful purpose a supermajority could serve, as the media would be on the back foot about challenging them.

Can’t imagine it’ll happen, though.

Ten votes now for the rebranded NF. I'm shocked, but not as much as I am for the support I'm seeing for Marine Le Stylo in the polls for the snap election in France. Why are people taken in by these façades of respectability built around these truly disgusting parties. I accept some youngsters may not know any better. They have been extensively targeted on social media platforms by the far right across Europe. Putin with all his troubles must find some joy seeing what's happening to the west.

I've never posted anything vaguely political as I don't know enough to be able to argue my point but here in Cornwall which has been largely conservative there does seem to be a few non-blue signs up, partly I feel that since voting for brexit and losing their grants etc some are starting to think a little further than their own wants.
I expect I'll be voting green (always my preferred colour) or possibly lib dems but so far we've not had a single bit of letterbox disturbance from anyone to encourage us in any direction.

10 votes for the English Nationalists. PFM is more diverse than it pretends to be.

Fascists on an anti-fascist site. It is no surprise, I’ve hoofed out hundreds of vile racists, bigots, nationalists etc in the 20+ years pfm has existed. Many just come back again and again under other names.

I’m disappointed to see some still here, but they need to know articulating any of Reform’s racism, xenophobia or bigotry towards LGBTQ+ folk on open forum is an instant permanent ban. These views are in direct opposition to what pfm represents. This site has zero tolerance for fascists, racists, bigots etc.

It would be great if this poll was the most accurate opinion poll. Tory's obliterated. The Greens as the main opposition party to Labour would be interesting and possibly very good for the shift towards a more sustainable economy. Sadly I think that fish folk are not a very representative sample of the UK population.

Fascists on an anti-fascist site. It is no surprise, I’ve hoofed out hundreds of vile racists, bigots, nationalists etc in the 20+ years pfm has existed. Many just come back again and again under other names.

I’m disappointed to see some still here, but they need to know articulating any of Reform’s racism, xenophobia or bigotry towards LGBTQ+ folk on open forum is an instant permanent ban. These views are in direct opposition to what pfm represents. This site has zero tolerance for fascists, racists, bigots etc.

Speaking of, T. Robinson has just been arrested in Canada for an immigration violation. Off to Rwanda he goes.

advertisement

Back