advertisement

Which party will you vote for at the General Election? ( Anonymous).

How will you vote in the General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Green

Votes: 38 18.7%
  • Reform

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Scottish /Welsh National /Sinn Fein

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Will not be voting

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Tactically

Votes: 20 9.9%

• Total voters
Yes, but even a lot of the right-wing hate the Tories now. In previous general elections there were vote conservative posters everywhere. That's now changed to lib dems. I'm far from an expert, but I get the impression that the Tory name is mud everywhere.
It's also the case on social media. Not a single person all over Facebook or TikTok seems to be supporting the Tories.

Even if the Tories win here, they aren't going to win this election. I'm playing the long game and voting green because I think they have by far the best policies.
Just to be clear. I’m not bothered which party you vote for, all I posted were the facts of the last few elections in response to your certainty the LibDems will win in Tewkesbury.

At the end of the day unless the Tory candidate wins by a single vote you won't be personally responsible.

If you vote for the party that represents your values you have a clear conscience.
'vote with your conscience' is the green equivalent to the current tory mantra of "don't give Labour a supermajority", imo. Even heard a group on about this very thing in the pub the other day.

Bottom line imo is, get rid of the tories. They deserve oblivion, not just an election loss.

Have to say I am rather disappointed that 38% of people polled are going to vote Labour. Quite aside from them being utterly unrecognisable to what they should be domestic policy wise it's their attitude to the Gaza conflict that means there is no way I could ever put a cross in their box right now and I say that as an ex-member (twice) of the party. Please think again before voting for them!

Have to say I am rather disappointed that 38% of people polled are going to vote Labour. Quite aside from them being utterly unrecognisable to what they should be domestic policy wise it's their attitude to the Gaza conflict that means there is no way I could ever put a cross in their box right now and I say that as an ex-member (twice) of the party. Please think again before voting for them!
Labour have been disgraced by their limp non policy/silence on Gaza. However I am certain this will change once they are in power. Trying to get elected in a country controlled by the right wing press and media has become virtually impossible.
Bottom line is, the only party who can take any action in support of the Palestinian people is Labour, so if you want to see that happen then there is only one party to vote for.
You can vote Green or Lib Dem and kid yourself that you are a compassionate human being or vote for an actual likelihood of action.

Labour have been disgraced by their limp non policy/silence on Gaza. However I am certain this will change once they are in power. Trying to get elected in a country controlled by the right wing press and media has become virtually impossible.
Bottom line is, the only party who can take any action in support of the Palestinian people is Labour, so if you want to see that happen then there is only one party to vote for.
You can vote Green or Lib Dem and kid yourself that you are a compassionate human being or vote for an actual likelihood of action.
Or you can kid yourself that Labour will change once in power.

We will see. Gaza is an easy change, not much of a shift, drop ‘humanitarian’ from calls for a ceasefire and stop a few arms exports, not expensive.

Tactical vote for Labour this time, which pains me considerably because of their support of genocide in Gaza, all I can hope is it is merely to gain the Tory Zionist vote which in part killed off Corbyn and this will change post election, but my hope is merely a cheap Ikea candle burning away.

Choice vote would be Green.

I wonder if the Tory and Reform voters in the poll will show their face and tell us why they chose? Obvs we can probably guess who the Tory votes are, but the Reform one certainly surprises me on this forum.

Would be nice, but honestly, no. Unconditional support for Israel is a core principle of the faction in charge (the old Labour right, essentially). Support for the US likewise. So there may be some more rhetorical manoeuvring but the UK absolutely will not diverge from the US on this.

Some stuff Labour are doing they are doing to manage the media. But quite a lot is just an honest expression of the Labour right's politics: like, they really are authoritarian, really are Zionists, really are socially conservative, really do believe in the power of markets etc.

It's my constant refrain but we have the Guardian to thank for the fact that the public typically know less about one of the two or three most important political groupings in the country than they do about, say, Tufton Street. The Guardian political desk is essentially embedded in the Labour right and they maintain an absolute omertà on explaining to their readership what their politics are. The reason is they are absolutely horrible politics and not at all what most Labour voters and members think they are.

Anyway, point is, if Gaza is a priority for people, they should try to vote in someone who will make the case for Palestine in the Commons. Labour will not do it, they will have to be fought very hard on this as on much else.

Getting the Tories out is absolutely essential. I’m not going to criticise anyone for doing that with any tool available to them. Just get them out with any vote. This is an ‘anything but more Tory criminals’ election.

The next stage is taking legal action against the Tories for their criminality. That will no doubt need to be crowdsourced as Labour are such a blunt tool led by the blunt tool of a toolmaker.

As I said, we will see. It pretty much certain that there will be a Labour majority and 10 will be more than enough for them to implement what they like. I've said this before but this is a punishment election; it is the next election that is the important one. Because what Labour will do or not do will be clear by then.

I've said this before but this is a punishment election; it is the next election that is the important one.

I agree, but that doesn’t make the punishment any less important. We need to get as many of these vile thieving grifters out of public office. I’d love to see them pushed behind either the LDs or SNP on the benches. Just destroy them the way they have this country.

advertisement

Back