advertisement

What is 'Super ARAY conductor geometry' when it's at home?

I'm mainly interested in how the cable is constructed.
Hi,
It doesn't matter. It is an ethernet cable - the data either gets there, or it doesn't. The modulation scheme is set for the 10MB/s+ data rates, so it will have a noise profile set by the ethernet chipset.

If Chord don't publish their "special" design, then maybe, just maybe, it is marketing hype ?

Regards,
Shadders.

Ah - that ASA ruling is useful on how the cables are constructed:
"The Chord Company said that the screening and materials used for both conductors and insulation made a big difference to the performance of the cables. They said that regular LAN cables used cheaper conductor materials, insulation and plugs. Their own cables did not use twisted pairs on their bigger LAN cables but instead used fully screened coaxial cables with high quality connectors and their connections were soldered. They provided us with information about the construction differences between their cables and other cables including Cat 5 cables, Cat 5 E cables and Class F and Category 7 cables."

Think about the miles of network cables in server farms (worth a peek), even more miles of phone lines, with many metres of thin cabling in DSLAM boxes, then laugh at snake oil cable claims for that last metre.
Preposterous claims.
The last metre makes the most impact because that's where em noise enters the dac.

The last metre makes the most impact because that's where em noise enters the dac.
Hi,
Where does the EM noise come from ?.

Is it the signal+noise from the ethernet socket transmitting the data, or the DAC responding via ethernet, or noise in the room ingressing into the cable and hence the shield connection of the cable ?

Regards,
Shadders.

A fool and his or her money are .........
I don’t plan to buy this or any other posh streaming cables.

I’m just trying to find out how they are constructed.

Perhaps a fool is someone who arrogantly denounces others without ever having heard the thing they are pontificating about.

if so, there is a pack of little fools round here tonight

It’s a shame because there are lots of brilliant people on this forum too
But it’s hard to hear them over the baying of warty bile emitting trolls

I’m just trying to find out how they are constructed.

Perhaps a fool is someone who arrogantly denounces others without ever having heard the thing they are pontificating about.
Hi,
Please see :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_physical_layer

The modulation/coding of ethernet is all that matters. The transmit/receive chipset deals with the data modulation/demodulation. As long as the modulation and subsequent demodulation functions as required - there will be no effect on the audio. Any effect will be loss of signal - dropouts in the audio. Absolutely no image, blurring, resolving issues as usually attributed to an analogue sound.

Any EMI inferred by the marketing will be to introduce doubt in your mind that you need an £800 ethernet cable.

Regards,
Shadders.

advertisement

Back