advertisement

What is 'Super ARAY conductor geometry' when it's at home?

In the early days you had to make a crossover cable to connect two similar Ethernet devices together. Today you can get away using just the one directional cable because the Ethernet adapters are intelligent and adapt to the cable. I think.

Cheers,

DV

This is perhaps the best reason for home users to choose Gigabit over 100Mbps Ethernet. No need for crossover cables when stacking switches or when connecting one computer directly to another.

Auto mdi-x did away with all that bollocks years ago.

I used to keep a xover cable and various home made RJ45 loopback plugs (1245, 1236 etc) in my laptop bag but I haven't gone near them for years now.

The cable strickly speaking is not bi-directional. In the early days you had to make a crossover cable to connect two similar Ethernet devices together. Today you can get away using just the one directional cable because the Ethernet adapters are intelligent and adapt to the cable. I think.

Almost right. Yes, there are "regular" and "crossover" cables, but both variants are still bi-directional.

Hi,
Thanks for this - the entire site of products was an enthralling read. They have words such as quantum and nano, which means the products are cutting edge.

I recommend that everyone visits the site. You will not be disappointed.

Regards,
Shadders.

Alas, with the browser I'm using (light and no js) the url just gives me a blank page. But maybe my browser is clever enough to determine how useful the page might be. :)

I would still love to hear if you think this comment:

Perhaps a fool is someone who arrogantly denounces others without ever having heard the thing they are pontificating about.

would be a valid comment in the "Van Den Hul The Extender" thread too?

I see Arkless' Law of hi fi forum's is remaining unbroken.... "The degree of interest and quantity of posts generated by any thread will be inversely proportional to the relevance and importance of the thread".

I think it would be interesting to know what Chord mean by ARAY precisely. However, I think it’s likely that the answer is rather boringly prosaic and likely to just be a marketing term for an array, meaning the arrangement of conductors and insulation layers. Chord could just as easily use ‘geometry’ or ‘structure’ etc.

They introduced it as Tuned Array, which it was, a specific arrangement of wires, one of which made the cable a bloody big aerial- commonly referred to as an array.

advertisement

Back