advertisement

What component have you heard and straight away thought 'no way'

I remember going to the dealer launch of Linns Isobaric replacements ,Keltiks.

I ( and a good few others on the night) thought they were epically awful.

I'm not sure that Linn have manage to make a flagship loudspeaker since then that has been worth the asking price.

The first versions were a little weak, the aktiv box that came with them let them down IMO, also there were drive unit improvements that improved them further.

They also needed klouts as a minimum to really get them going otherwise they were dull, slow and boomy.

I have keltiks with the lastest drive units with klimax amps and crossovers, I won't be parting with them any time soon.

The first versions were a little weak, the aktiv box that came with them let them down IMO, also there were drive unit improvements that improved them further.

They also needed klouts as a minimum to really get them going otherwise they were dull, slow and boomy.

I have keltiks with the lastest drive units with klimax amps and crossovers, I won't be parting with them any time soon.

I think we often forget that we should always talk about amp/speaker combinations. Someone else mentioned Wilson Benesch Arcs ... without the right amplification they can sound very dull, but with the right amp IMO they come alive.

Nic P

The Wilson Benesch / Chord room every year at Bristol show, until I learned to ignore the hifi, indeed the whole show, and have the same close bunch of friends meet for a bar crawl in Bristol on the day instead.

It's a lot more fun and sounds better, too.

I think we often forget that we should always talk about amp/speaker combinations. Someone else mentioned Wilson Benesch Arcs ... without the right amplification they can sound very dull, but with the right amp IMO they come alive.

Nic P

In which case, that kind of leaves:

AVI ADM9.1T

Naim CD3. Connected up to a Nait 1 and it was awfully harsh. I swapped it for an Arcam Alpha which I kept until it died.

advertisement

Back