Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now #61

Discussion in 'music' started by Candylion, Dec 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Dume. CD rip
    [​IMG]

Featsdont likes this.
  2. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Enter the Dragon lalo schifrin

3. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

BN80 reissue. I love the tracks written by La Roca. Is Turkish Women At The Bath as good as this?

[​IMG]

4. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Sleeve doesn't exactly scream HIP JAZZ!! - even in 1965 you imagine Roger's idea of a party was a glass of dry sherry.
    Interesting record though - his playing reminds me a little of Ray Bryant at times and there can't have been many other LPs on Prestige featuring a track for prepared piano a la John Cage.

[​IMG]

gavreid and kjb like this.
  5. John C

John C pfm Member

6. John C

John C pfm Member

It’s not but it is excellent. I have only ever found it on CD. It was rereleased under Chick Coreas name and those versions are easier to find

gavreid and paulfromcamden like this.
  7. wezzywest

wezzywest Hell hath no Fury like a Bitter Remainer.

Mogwai - As The Love Continues album.

gninnam, dan m, madscientist and 3 others like this.
  8. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Is this all there is?

[​IMG]

gninnam likes this.
  9. kjb

kjb pfm Member

Jack Rose, Kensington Blues ( CD)

[​IMG]

paulfromcamden likes this.
  10. poco a poco

poco a poco I'm Jim

It is interesting that La Roca filed a law suit against Douglas Records because they issued it under Chick Coreas’ name without his permission and they had to recall them. Seems it was still issued later as a Chick Corea by Muse Records, but then called ‘Bliss’ and it is also available as later Chick Corea Spanish reissue called ‘Extasis’.

paulfromcamden and gavreid like this.
  11. MUTTY1

MUTTY1 Waste of bandwidth

Due to the John McLaughlin thread I’ve had Remember Shakti Live in Bombay and Believer on Spotty tonight. Thanks chaps!

12. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Gone twelve years now. Very glad I got to see him play.

13. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Is this all there is?

14. Colin L

Colin L High-tech low-life

IDM from Robag, for fast start to the day - this is a great album

[​IMG]

gustav_errata likes this.
  15. AlanL

AlanL Registered User

Little shopping today, Ministry: Moral Hygiene. Bottle green vinyl version limited to 300 copies. Sounds really good.

[​IMG]

fegs likes this.
  16. poco a poco

poco a poco I'm Jim

[​IMG]
    This was originally released in 1963 by Phillips. This is a recent Verve UK reissue, but not part of the AS Verve reissues, but seems to be a start of a new Verve reissue series called NewLand (numbered 001) Mastered by Kevin Gray from the original master tapes and pressed by Pallas. I was a bit worried at first as there was a light scratch visible across one track, but it is totally inaudible and the sound quality on this reissue is fabulous with totally silent background even in the dead wax. Needed as this is melodic laid back jazz and on this mastering its like having the musician playing intimately in my room.
    Mulligan, Art Farmer on Trumpet and Flugelhorn, Bob Brookmeyer on Trombone, Jim Hall Guitar, Bill Crow Bass and Dave Bailey drums. Wonderful quality solos particularly from Farmer and Mulligan.

orwak, gavreid and paulfromcamden like this.
  17. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

With Harold Land. Not up there with San Francisco from a few years later but an interesting session. I wish his LPs from this period were less scarce. Perhaps we'll get something from the Blue Note Classics series.

[​IMG]

mikechadwick, poco a poco and gavreid like this.
  18. Engels

Engels pfm Member

19. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

a nice surprise in the post today ( early birthday present from an old friend)
    Bowie - Toy
    cd box

gninnam and mikechadwick like this.
  20. poco a poco

poco a poco I'm Jim

[​IMG]
    Vinyl, new on Blue Note.

kjb and gavreid like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.