advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that; sounding very promising. A double LP is on eBay for £22posted….
Are you sure it is a double? Amazon originally incorrectly said 2xLP’s, but the 1968 original was always a single and this reissue by Mr Bongo on Amazon and Bandcamp with the same track listing is as well.

R-15422160-1591288394-3136.jpeg.jpg

Possibly it was still sealed and they were probably confusing half speed mastering with 2x45rpm mastering of a single into two LP’s?

I've seen 'a lot' of mislabelling at Juno recently. Tone Poet for Classic Series, Verve Acoustic Sounds Series for Tone Poet. It could well be the distributor(s).

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This is the item. The spotty item is listed as 1hr 5mins so presume a double. The quality of replay on Spotify suggested good quality reproduction.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mankunku...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
As Gavreid said. The track listing titles and timing is the same as my one disc as is the release date (22nd Oct). I am pretty certain you will find this is one one disc, that sounds fine by the way and is cheaper on both Amazon and Bandcamp. You can also see another one on eBay with the hype sticker.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15476160...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Josh Rouse - ‘Under the cold blue stars’, another one from the rack, seem to recall being a little underwhelmed at the time.

Should be good

"Special half-speed master from the audio taken off the original master tapes."

unless Abbey Road messed it up like the recent Rolling Stones!

:) Here’s hoping. Despite the ‘less than CD’ quality of spotty I do think you can get a clue of the quality of recordings before you buy. Whatever, I loved the African ‘sway’ in this recording.

Should be good

"Special half-speed master from the audio taken off the original master tapes."

unless Abbey Road messed it up like the recent Rolling Stones!
It sounds first rate. Cut at quite a high level, but no overload. Very clear and dynamic, perhaps very slightly elevated bass. It is mono though (or with very little l to r spread if not) although nor stated either way, but still excellent front to back depth. I suspect at least a digital delay cutting lathe step as cut at Abbey Road, but you only need to avoid if you must have AAA. Anyone who likes Mid period Coltrane should like this unless they think it is too derivative of his early Impulse quartet playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back