advertisement

What are you listening to right now #4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Rossini - Il Turco in Italia. The Bartolli - La Scala - Chailly version. If you can't get to the ROH production (strongly recommended) this is the next best thing.

>Fela Kuti (with a little help from Lester Bowie) - No Agreement. Awesomely groovy.

Is: Moby - 18 on the iPod, annoyed with myself for not transferring Minimum - Maximum to the bloody thing before I left home!!

OTD: Frankie goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome

Next: Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

(Still working my way through my charity shop haul...)

Sasha : fundacion

This is the follow up to 'Involver'.

I've gone a bit bonkers on a trip into town and also with some happy clicking on Amazon, so my 'new' pile is now about 30 cd's tall.

Must stop for a while.......

Hi,

I have Alex Gopher - You my Baby & I, on the cd cd player.

Next is James Carr - Take me to the Limit.

Then a load of promos to evaluate.

Dean

Blue Orchids - The Greatest Hit (Money Mountain) - from 1982 Rough Trade ROUGH 36; a proper record!

Cheers

Richard

Paul Simon - Graceland (new remastered version). Simply stunning, really showing off the system well at the moment.

S.

Death Cab For Cutie – Transatlanticism

I think I'm the last person on earth to hear this. So far the title track is the real grabber.

The Legendary Oscar Pettiford

Haven't heard this for around twenty years; not since I used to borrow it from the library. Has to be my idea of a perfect jazz record, Pettiford's solos on bass and cello are wonderful. If I have it right he didn't record a great deal under his own name so any pointers to where else to find him gratefully recieved.

Joyce - Passarinho Urbano

Don't think that 'Brasilian Folk' is a genre I would normally browse but this was playing in the shop and just for once it sounds even better at home. (Bit like Greek wine tasting better on holiday). If Astrud Gilberto could sing - and play the guitar.

New Vic Chesnutt.

Which is ace, if only for the lines:

Like a puppy on a trampolin
(What do you mean?)
(What do you mean?)
(What do you mean?)
Bewildered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement