advertisement

What are you listening to right now #4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revisiting early XTC - White Music. Manic, new wave pop with great hooks but the highlight is a version of All Along The Watchtower which is genuinely scary with its intense clostrophobic paranoia.

Rich

....next up - David Bowie, Low. Lovely stuff. May have dig Heroes and some Berlin period Iggy out next.

Gabor Szabo, "The Sorcerer" A neighbour gave me this over the weekend. Szabo's a Hungarian jazz guitarist I'd not previously heard of. My neighbour, who is a bit of an acid jazz fan, bought it after hearing the groove based 'The Beat Goes On" but didn't like the rest of it so passed it on to me.

Some interesting almost Indian sounding guitar playing backed by a live 2nd guitar guitar/bass/percussion quartet. Some really good playing which reminds me in places of the guitar passages from early VU records. Anyone else come across him?

Kevin

Gag midi ringtones for my fone.

Trying to decide between Big Poppa by Notorious B.I.G.
Hey Lover by L.L. Cool J or
Bee Gees How Deep is Your Love.

Painted Black, excellent compilation from a few years back of people playing extremely unlikely versions of the Rolling Stones' "Paint It Black". None of them sound anything like the original, it must be said. Acid Mothers Temple do a particularly fine job on it, as do Fennesz, Circle, and The Tape-Beatles. Haven't listened to this for ages, found it under the sofa this evening when I was stowing some dismantled speaker stands down there :)

-- Ian

Was: Silver Jews- American Water, then Bright Flight
Is: Books- Thought For Food
Will be: Probably some Mingus

Originally posted by ErikL
Was: Silver Jews- American Water, then Bright Flight
Is: Books- Thought For Food
Will be: Probably some Mingus

Have you heard the new Books record. I heard a bit and thought the singing sounded a bit S***n and Garf****l for my liking - the noises, however, were spot on as usual.

Now: Arto Lindsey: Prize

Kevin

Originally posted by kjb
Have you heard the new Books record.

Nope. Thought For Food is the only one I've heard (and it's excellent). I think Mekon might be our resident Books expert?

Gomez – Liquid Skin
Better than Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline, but not as good as Bring It On (for those of you keeping score). Still, that's good Gomez.

Next up: Paull Weller – Days of Speed
Just because garyi hates him. :D

was: Skid Row - Skid Row

now: The Duke Spirit - Cuts across the land

next:probably some stevie wonder, as my local oxfam looks to have had someone's collection...

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vagas

LP picked up today in the used record bins for $1.99 - bargain!

next: Jimmy Cliff - In Concert - same bin, same price.

thought i dig out some bowie l.p's and twelves.
diggin' wild is the wind, this is not america , heroes , starman and this led to mott the hoople - all the young dudes onto some of morgans solo stuff. this has now led to me digging out some eno and moebius stuff love the apex track and now to were i am enjoying a pile of hia - colourform and early r&s l.p.s
lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back