advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

Made a pan of exotic spagbol sauce with teesside lardons, lot more tastier than last go. Av had some on a breadbun and it was quite reasonable.

I've not had rabbit for probably 40 years. My dad used to come by all sorts of stuff, and rabbit was one. Very tasty, apart from the bits of lead I used to have to spit out. He was also fond of tripe, pigs trotter and cow heel. He came from a different era!
My nan was the same. As a child I would watch in sick fascination as she placed her order at the UCP shop: tripe, pigs trotters, elder, brawn, cow heel. The lady who cut up and weighed the tripe would frequently offer my nan a sample and treat herself at the same time.... I can remember them both now.... Chewing tripe as they chatted.

Back on the hipster crap tonight

b876q8.jpeg

White Swan tonight for proper pie, fat chips, mushy and plenty of gravy - a few pints of Landlord to help things along.

Made something quite decent with spiced chickpeas and spinach, alongside a cinnamon brown rice with salmon. Odd but oddly nice.

Worked from home today - unusual for me - so have opportunity to cook properly.
In a rare break from being functionally a vegetarian by choice - I have a small Brisket set low, and with about 3hrs to go yet.
The vapours are intoxicating.

Edit:

since the fashion is to add pics - here is how it turned out. It was delicious.

IMG_2851_600px.jpg

Last edited:
God, no; I want it to taste like brisket. a little salt and a lot of freshly-crushed Bart's most -excellent Bristol 5-blend the very nicest pepper, on top to form a crust - but that's all.

Small pan for roasting veg to go-with just made up - small amounts of coarse-chopped parsnip/carrot/ a small spud/ brussels, and tossed into same pan, ginger diced to ~ 4mm cubes and a few black pepper corns. Oh and a couple of shallots.

Now, since I have stopped colouring-in & tidied-up the pencils - time for a G&T, and music.

advertisement

Back