advertisement

What are you cooking tonight?

Rabbit finished with a brandy flambé and mustard.

I've not had rabbit for probably 40 years. My dad used to come by all sorts of stuff, and rabbit was one. Very tasty, apart from the bits of lead I used to have to spit out. He was also fond of tripe, pigs trotter and cow heel. He came from a different era!

apart from the bits of lead I used to have to spit out.

These weren’t shot, they were ferreted. You’ll recall it’s a very lean meat and therefore prone to a dry mouthfeel. I poached both rabbits for two hours before finishing the hind quarters as stated. I’ll pull the meat from the forequarters tomorrow and set in the boiled and jellied stock for a terrine to be enjoyed with pickled cucumbers and/or piccalilli.

am sure it tasted fantastic, however that half carcass on your plate is making me feel ill...( no , I am not vegetarian, yes i am a hypocrite!)

Bit of a valentines thing from the other day. I am not a mormon the kids were in the house

760qkj.jpeg

And pud

w57vaw.jpeg

These weren’t shot, they were ferreted. You’ll recall it’s a very lean meat and therefore prone to a dry mouthfeel. I poached both rabbits for two hours before finishing the hind quarters as stated. I’ll pull the meat from the forequarters tomorrow and set in the boiled and jellied stock for a terrine to be enjoyed with pickled cucumbers and/or piccalilli.

Sous Vide is where it is at for rabbit.

Corn fed organic chicken breasts now marinating in freshly squeezed lemon and lime with garlic, Italian seasoning and olive oil. To pan fry later with mixed steamed veg and asparagus tips. Along with potato rosti cakes (from M&S, cheated a bit there).

Falafel, Taboulleh and Hummus rolled up in fresh flatbreads and doused in lots of Encona hot sauce. If there’s one thing an Aga hot plate is good for, it’s making fresh flatbreads. This was also a rare vegan supper chez foxwell. An absolute Everest of dirty dishes, though.

Turkey chilli, rice, crispy tacos, cheese, salsa, guacamole.

Sounds superb. When he has them as a biproduct of selling turkey crowns, I’ll buy a (very cheap) turkey leg from our butcher and make the Mexican molé. The glossy black chocolate sauce and hot chilli would fit right in with your accompaniments.

advertisement

Back