advertisement

Way to go Greta

FACT: the use of transport and fuels. 1000's of armed forces, 100's of helicopters (forces and media), vans, cars and motorbikes have to be deployed at every XR demo, they don't travel on winged back unicorns you know.

When did the military get mobilised to an XR demo?

If you can link to a news story, ta. I can't find anything other than a few military folks chasing an XR protestor on a bike at an RNAS Yeovilton open day. :)

FACT: the use of transport and fuels. 1000's of armed forces, 100's of helicopters (forces and media), vans, cars and motorbikes have to be deployed at every XR demo, they don't travel on winged back unicorns you know.
Do you have a source for them not travelling on the back of winged unicorns?

There is a host of reasons around product design cycles / timescales in the automotive industry and enduring questions about availability of rare metals in the future but the main one is economic. There's neither the infrastructure nor capacity to support a country where all vehicles are all electric and consumers are not going to buy a vehicle they can't be guaranteed an opportunity to charge 2-3 times more in the week than a single, guaranteed fill up at a filling station. Until that's resolved, EVs aren't going to sell as well as IC or IC / hybrid.
They will sell well if the alternative is removed.
The infrastructure just needs to be made a priority.
Capacity could be addressed by more renewables - plenty of offshore wind and tidal capacity, round here small hydro schemes too.
It's not a priority because IC is still being pushed, and has an efficient legacy infrastructure.

Self charging all electric transport is the real solution
You complain about unicorns elsewhere, but this is just as unrealistic unless and until there is universal low carbon electricity generation. Ideally fusion. Until then, all you’re doing is shifting the issue from the point of use, to the (coal and gas) generating plant.

The point of XR is to bring about this desirable scenario more quickly than if it is left to politicians and heads of multinationals. So if there are, as you surmise, short term carbon issues with XR demonstrations (not convinced by your arguments, as it happens), these will be offset a thousandfold by every day this scenario is brought forward.

You complain about unicorns elsewhere, but this is just as unrealistic unless and until there is universal low carbon electricity generation. Ideally fusion. Until then, all you’re doing is shifting the issue from the point of use, to the (coal and gas) generating plant

Re read what i wrote; 'self charging all electric' as in two sets of batteries/motors per vehicle. one charges the other, like a perpetual charge.

Ah, a perpetual motion machine.

So, definitely not a unicorn then?

NO it not actually, we already have self-charging hybrid cars as in the petrol engine half charges the electric car half. When we have dual electric cars, one half can charge the other. There will be no need for fuel or charging unless lest unused for a long period of time.

This would be clean and levy free so i would imagine road tax will be £1000 per year ;-)

Re read what i wrote; 'self charging all electric' as in two sets of batteries/motors per vehicle. one charges the other, like a perpetual charge.
NO it not actually, we already have have self charging hybrid cars as in the petrol engine half charges the electric car half, When we have an dual electric cars then once half can charge the other. not need for fuel or charging unless lest unused for a long period of time.
Kinell...

NO it not actually, we already have have self charging hybrid cars as in the petrol engine half charges the electric car half, When we have an dual electric cars then once half can charge the other. not need for fuel or charging unless lest unused for a long period of time.
Uh, Durr. Perpetual motion machine.

Stop being a dick... read what i wrote. it wasn't difficult to understand.

Repeated for the sake of pedantry:

We already have self-charging hybrid cars as in the petrol engine half charges the electric car half. When we have dual electric cars, one half can charge the other. There will be no need for fuel or charging unless left unused for a long period of time.

This would be clean and levy free so i would imagine road tax will be £1000 per year ;-)

Never mentioned military, but the police were certainly armed in and around London city centre during the last XR demos, saw them with my own eyes...
Yes you did, quote above. Where it says "armed forces" which means military. Armed police is a so-what these days in any UK city. Leeds has them in town most nights, I've spoken to them. They tell me a 9mm Glock is the weapon of choice.

Armed police forces then..... you're kinda missing the point though. Every XR demo has a MASSIVE carbon index, it literally is the absolute opposite to the message they are trying to send.

We already have self-charging hybrid cars as in the petrol engine half charges the electric car half. When we have dual electric cars, one half can charge the other. There will be no need for fuel or charging unless left unused for a long period of time.
So if I put a second lappy battery on my computer it will charge the other battery and there will be "no need for fuel or charging" ? Tell me how that's going to work.

That will be the aerosols that are now filled with butane propellant which is a natural gas and non ozone depleting, thanks to the efforts of people like XR over the years.

What about the other stuff in the paint itself, like xylene, acetone etc?

Tell you what, I'll stop being a dick if you stop being an idiot. Have you ever asked yourself why you put petrol/diesel in your car. And why hybrid cars still use petrol? If you replace the petrol engine in a hybrid car with an electric motor, where does the electricity come from to make it go?

advertisement

Back