advertisement

Way to go Greta

Yes impressive , no TV , no showers , a bucket for a toilet . hope she survives the 2 week journey and still smiling after it

Andrew,

Not really slumming it though.

Wait until climate changes really kicks in. Greta and her generation are going to pay bigly for our decades of inaction. We'll mostly get away with having to deal with just the odd heat wave and drought.

Joe

Andrew,

Wait until climate changes really kicks in. Greta and her generation are going to pay bigly for our decades of inaction. We'll mostly get away with having to deal with just the odd heat wave and drought.

Joe
Didn’t say wasn’t a good cause. She’s using her celebrity status to good effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trip won't be particularly pleasant, stuck in a small boat with four strangers surrounded by sea.

A combination of stir crazy and low level agoraphobia.

The trip won't be particularly pleasant, stuck in a small boat with four strangers surrounded by sea.

A combination of stir crazy and low level agoraphobia.
Probably not, but she has to walk the walk as well as talk the talk because if she doesn't she will be shot down. You can only imagine it, "She lectures us while flying around the world!" I'd be happy to lend her my bike to get around town anytime she needs it, it's a laudable thing that she is doing. My bike is older than her and has been pedalled over 20,000 miles so I think that we can call it carbon neutral by now.

In any case, she's only 16 so she will be able to sleep anywhere and treat it as the great adventure that it is.

I don’t know. Many Fishies have issues with divinities, in the case of Greta Thunberg it’s OK apparently.

Nothing against her, but the phenomenon feels somewhat fishy to me (who is her boss ?)

I don’t know. Many Fishies have issues with divinities, in the case of Greta Thunberg it’s OK apparently.

Nothing against her, but the phenomenon feels somewhat fishy to me (who is her boss ?)

Why does she need a 'boss'? Sometimes people just have strongly held views they put into actions.

It's the way they're brought up in Sweden.

I would have thought Skype would have been more appropriate. Or holo-Skype.

Stephen

I know she wants to save the planet from an environmental catastrophe but why? What’s in it for her and roughly 7.7 billion people?

If someone can answer that we’ll know why she’s doing this.

Joe

Greta takes her marching orders from the Koch brothers and is funded by the impoverished fossil fuel industry.

It’s so obvious.

Joe
I don't mean the Mossad or the KGB. I mean she's still a young girl, a rather brilliant one maybe, still the whole circus will end up being a burden to her one day. Some people do have a very strong interest in her actions and are all to happy to push her in the direction they want, as good as their cause may be. I fear another Shirley Temple syndrome for her.

On another note, in all honesty, I find Sweden's stance as being the moral authority of the world rather vomit-inducing. About as believable as Switzerland or the US for that matter. I have issues with saints in general.

advertisement

Back