advertisement

Way to go Greta

If 2 people were limited to having 2 children the global population will decrease.
due to
early death, infertility, sexual orientation, choice.
The "replacement number" is about 2.1 per female, partly because slightly more boys than girls are born to account for greater pre reproductive mortality in males.
In the UK this number is currently about 1.6. It doesn't matter whether the women have babies at 16 or 46, without immigration the population will eventually shrink.

I don’t know. Many Fishies have issues with divinities, in the case of Greta Thunberg it’s OK apparently.

Nothing against her, but the phenomenon feels somewhat fishy to me (who is her boss ?)
Wish I could make a good living for getting arrested, beats working for a living.

Why not? Govts can force behaviour change quite easily through taxation if people don’t do it voluntarily. Tax every courier delivery, increase flight taxes, road charging per mile, give tax breaks for not having kids etc. All sorts of things they could do if they had the will.
Right, you've kind of got there (kind of, your propositions are tinkering around the edges) so why do you keep banging on about personal actions? It requires governmental action, preferably concerted global, radical governmental action and ideally aimed at getting off fossil fuels asap. People owning shares in Shell through their pension funds isn't that relevant, they won't when there aren't any fossil fuel companies.

Right, you've kind of got there (kind of, your propositions are tinkering around the edges) so why do you keep banging on about personal actions? It requires governmental action, preferably concerted global, radical governmental action and ideally aimed at getting off fossil fuels asap. People owning shares in Shell through their pension funds isn't that relevant, they won't when there aren't any fossil fuel companies.
Or pensioners.

5757.jpg

Greta Thunberg pleads not guilty to breaching public order at UK protest​

Swede, 20, in court after arrest for blocking entrance at event last month labelled ‘Oscars of oil’ by activists

Extinction Rebellion would like this song to be the christmas number one.

Please do anything you can to make it happen.

You can buy it here for 79p, which counts towards the needed numbers.

advertisement

Back